Two full weeks have passed since Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 released, which means it's time for 16.10, the first in-season update.
The patch will add to the pool of the animals you can hunt, add new skins, and alter how some of the weapons work.
Below, we'll run your through everything you need to know about the Fortnite 16.10 patch.
Latest - 16.10 Update Now Live
The 16.10 update is now live in Fortnite, bringing some new items, skins and, and creatures to the game.
The downtime began at 4am ET/9am BST and the server should be back up momentarily.
Keep checking your game and you should be able to get in soon.
Patch Download Size
Below, we've listed the 16.10 update file sizes on all platforms:
- PS5 - 6.4GB
- PS4 - 3GB
- Xbox One - 3.89GB
- Xbox Series X - 4.5GB
- PC - 14.1GB
- Android - 500GB
- Switch - 5GB
The patch notes were released in a pretty basic form over on Fortnite Status' Twitter page. They are:
A new apex predator stalks the Island
- Crafting, loot adjustments
- Creative Powerups now support Team, Class, and All combinations
- Coming April 3rd at 8 PM EST - new Save the World Ventures Season
- Primal Shotgun nerfed, fire rate reduced
- Makeshift Shotgun adjustments
- Crafting material costs now scale with Makeshift rarity
- Animal Bones and Mechanical Parts can appear as added floor loot
Below are some other bug fixes that are set to arrive this week.
Battle Royale bug fixes
- Split-screen “Ready Up!” issue
- Duplicate XP notifications during party completion of Legendary “Craft Items” quests
- Anomaly not appearing on Shark Island
- Chapter 2: Season 5 Legacies not showing in Career tab
- Decreased visibility, increased brightness in Storm
- Opening inventory cancels Tap to Search/Interact/Revive
- Character Quests not counting toward other Quests’ progression
- Stackable items not split when using Shift + Drag on keyboard and mouse
Creative Mode bug fixes
- A.I. characters get stuck in obstacles
- Player portals say “Creative Don’t Fill”
Release Date & Time
The Fortnite 16.10 update has gone live on March 30, with the downtime expected to end at around 5am ET/10am BST.
Keep checking in game for updates, but we'll be sure to let you know once you can get into the new content.
The Spire Challenges
The 16.10 update will also add The Spire challenges to the game.
A Fortnite leaker known as RodneyDonahue4 has claimed that the Driftboard will be making a return to the game in either the 16.10 or 16.20 update.
The Driftboard first appeared in the game with the 7.40 update during Season 7 and remained in the game until the end of Chapter 1 and was vaulted in the 11.00 update.
They used to be found in the snow biome on the Chapter 1 map, it is possible they will be found near the weather station in the small snow area on the Chapter 2 map, or may just be found around the map as they're hoverboards rather than snowboards.
Raptors were revealed as the next animal that'll be coming to Fortnite Season 6 Chapter 2, sometime during the season.
Now, it @HYPEX on Twitter has revealed what the dinos' eggs will look like in each of their stages.
They haven't been confirmed for Fortnite's 16.10 update, but it's certainly possible.
With each new update comes new skins that will be released in the Item Shop over the coming weeks.
Usually, some of these end up not being released and hang around the in-game files for a while.
Recently, most of what has been leaked has ended up on sale within that update period.
We can expect to see more skins when the new update is released later this week.
Chapter 2 Season 6 saw the loot pool be completely overhauled with the new Primal weapons and crafting system.
Right now the loot pool is very basic, so it is possible that we will start to see new weapons or variations of weapons added into the game during the upcoming patches.
Each season we see huge map changes, Season 4 brought us Marvel-themed POIs, and Season 5 brought us a large sand area in the centre of the map as well as the return of some Chapter 1 POIs.
Season 6 also brought changes to the map with 3 new POIs and much of the map getting an autumn theme.
It is possible we will start to see map changes as early as the 16.10 update, but nothing is confirmed yet.