We have take off!
We've already seen our first set of patch notes after some installation troubles for some.
Patch Version 188.8.131.52 Release Date
The new patch arrived on Wednesday, 2 September 2020.
Flight Sim Patch Version 184.108.40.206 Patch Notes
- The title will no longer crash when different input devices/peripherals are disconnected
- The title will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package
- The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers
CRUISING - Flight Sim is on course to be one of the games of the year
- The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions
- The title will download a critical missing/deleted package to access the main menu even if the save data preference is set to offline (when an internet connection is available)
- The title will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager
- The content manager will no longer get stuck in an infinite loading state when checked offline
- The Creator name of the packages should now be properly updated
- Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience
- The performance of the title has been improved when the Display name plate option is set to active
- The correct currency is now properly updated in the marketplace
To install the patch, close Microsoft Flight Simualtor and relaunch.
However, if you have experienced installation issues, it is best to perform a clean install:
Uninstall MFS, and then check to make sure all files are deleted.
LIFT OFF - thanks to the new update, you should be able to get playing in no time
If you have game files in a different directory than where the app is installed by default (C: drive) uninstalling the game will not delete those files.
Search for anything under ‘Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe’ or ‘MicrosoftFlightSimulator’ and ensure all files are deleted.
You can then reinstall Microsoft Flight Simulator.