The Elder Scrolls Online New Life Festival is now underway, finishing off 2020 with a bang as Bethesda look forward to 2021.
The Festival of New Life rounds off the year, usually during the Christmas period.
The event began on Thursday, 17 December and will run until Tuesday, 5 January.
2020 New Life Festival
Before you start the festival, you need to get the New Life Festival Scroll from the Crown Store.
The scrolls are free, you don't have to spend any gold for them.
Then make sure you unlock the New Life Festival Scroll in your inventory for the "The New Life Festival" mission.
After that, go and talk to Breda.
You can purchase a collectable 100% BUFF XP by completing a simple mission called "Breda's Bottomless Mead Mug", you can get this mission from Breda at the event venue.
This XP boost will accrue with any other XP bonus.
- The New Life Achievements Festival can be found on the Achievement List in "Holiday Events"
- Event Tickets: You can win event tickets once a day at the first New Life Festival Mission you finish (on account)
You can find the tent of the New Life Festival in Eastmarch, near the Kynesgrove Wayshrine.
There you can find Breda, who will give you the missions for the festival. There are nine different missions and all can be done every day of the event.
If you have trouble travelling to Windhelm:
- You can take a boat or cart from the Alik'r Desert (DC Alliance) or Malabal Tor (AD Alliance), travel by road from The Rift, or teleport to a companion or companion who is already in the area
- You can teleport directly to the New Life festival tent through the portal found at Event Merchant locations
Missions and Rewards
Quests will send you all over Tamriel, and there's a search for every playable race.
For example, the Khajiit themed mission will send you to the March of Reaper.
Completing a mission will reward you with a "New Life Gift Box" that can contain provisioning recipes, MotSkinchanger pages, as well as rare hats, costumes (such as the Nordic Bath Towel), souvenirs and Charity Warrants.
- Castle Charm Challenge (Breton)
- Fish Boon Feast (Argonian)
- Lava Foot Stomp (Dunmer)
- Mud Ball Merriment (Bosmer)
- Signal Fire Sprint (Redguard)
- Snow Bear Plunge (Nord)
- Stonetooth Bash (Orc)
- The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile (Khajiit)
- War Orphan’s Sojourn (Altmer)
- Old Life Remembrance (Imperial)
Doing all searches at least once will reward you with the dye "New Life Cerulean".
There are several additional achievements, earning them all, the title of "New Magnanimous Life" for your character.
For that title, you'll need to make several special achievements for each mission, learn the full Motif Skinchanger and all New Life Provisioning recipes.
- Glory of Magnus Achievement
- New Life Provisioner Achievement
- New Life Celebrant Achievement
- Newly Charitable Achievement
- Skinchanger Style Master Achievement
New Life Festival Rewards
A "New Life Gift Box" typically contains random items such as craft materials, consumable souvenirs, and Wolfsbane Incense, the Skinchanger-style item. However, they will also have the opportunity to contain rarer items, including:
- Motif skinchanger chapters
- New Life Recipes
- New Life Collectibles (packed in Runeboxes and negotiable):
- Swords swallower blade recall
- Recall of juggler knives
- Recall of Air-fire Torches
- Mud ball memento
- Nordic bath towel costume
- Colovio Filigreed Hood Hat
- Colovian fur hood hat
- New Snowball Buddy Pet
- A selection of lights, lamps and lanterns for your home to celebrate the Signal Fire Sprint
- Draughts of Stealth and Escape to celebrate Guile's trial of Five Claws
Impresario & Event Tickets
The first time you complete a New Life Festival mission every day, you'll receive three event tickets in addition to your Gift Box and other rewards. With event tickets, you can purchase the following products from the Entrepreneur:
- All four Nascent Indrik Feathers
- All 2020 Indrik Berries for the Spectral, Icebreath, Mossheart, and Crimson Indriks
- Allowing you to complete any evolutions you might have missed this year!
- The Rosethorn Indrik pet
- The Snowball Buddy pet
- Pages for the new Rkindaleft Dwarven Weapon Style
- These are bound to your account
- Group Repair Kits
The Crimson Indrik will be ESO's latest Indrik evolution, so don't hesitate to snatch this impressive red hill!
How do I get the New Life Festival warrants?
Whenever you deliver a New Life Daily Quest when you talk to Breda, you have a chance to receive one of the Writs as a reward.
They are negotiable among players, so make sure to help your friends if you have them more or less and they are still working on gaining that skin, spreading the Christmas spirit and New Life!
How to create furniture and how to get the plants?
The warrants will ask you to create very basic and cheap furniture.
The plants, patterns and schemes for this furniture can be purchased by small amounts of gold from the handmade NPCs.
The maximum requirements are:
- Tailoring 4 (unlocked at Clothing Level 15)
- Carpentry 3 (Unlocked at Wood Work Level 10)
- Metallomechanics 2 (Unlocked at Hardware Level 5)
To create furniture, go to the craft station and click on the tab to the far right. If you need help understanding the craft system, see the craft guides.
- Clothing craft guide
- Blacksmith Craft Guide
- Wooden craft guide
You can find NPCs that sell these plants, patterns and diagrams in the craft areas of most cities, here is a map of Rawl'Kha as an example of where to find these merchants.
Entrance to this house can be found inside the New Life Festival Tent next to Breda at the table.