The third and last DOTA 2 Major of the year is just around the corner, and after 10 years of absence, the tournament now returns to North America.
Arlington, Texas, will be the stage where 17 of the best teams in the World will battle for $500K and the last chance to obtain DPC Points.
Here is everything you need to know about the PGL Arlington Major.
DOTA 2 Arlington Major Schedule
The DOTA 2 Third Major of 2022 will take place in Arlington, Texas, from August 4 to August 14, 2022.
The final stage of the competition will be in the Esports Stadium. Unfortunately, there are no more tickets for the event, but there's plenty of room to watch it online!
Where to Watch
Qualified Teams in the DOTA 2 Arlington Major
The Major will have 17 teams instead of 18, like in previous tournaments this year, teams are having problems securing traveling VISAS.
Xtreme Gaming the Chinese team, withdrew from the tournament entirely due to these issues, while other teams will have to play with stand-ins.
Fnatic will have three substitutions. Entity, Royal Never Give Up, Thunder Awaken, Talon Esports, and OG will also replace members of their squads.
The 17 teams will be divided into 2 Groups:
- Group A
- Fnatic (SEA)
- PSG.LGD (China)
- OG (West Europe)
- Quincy Crew (NA)
- Talon Esports (SEA)
- Thunder Awaken (South America)
- Team Liquid (West Europe)
- Royal Never Give Up (China)
- Outsiders (East Europe)
- Group B
- Team Spirit (East Europe)
- Team Aster (China)
- Tundra (Western Europe)
- Beastcoast (South America)
- Entity (Western Europe)
- Boom Esports (SEA)
- Evil Geniuses (NA)
- The two Groups will battle in single matches, where the top four teams advance to the upper bracket of the playoffs.
- 5th and 6th will move to the lower bracket, and the last two places will be eliminated.
- Playoff series will be played in a best-of-three format for the Main Stage
- The Grand Finals of the tournament will then be a best-of-five series.
DOTA 2 Arlington Major Prize Pool
The Stockholm Major will have a $500,000 prize pool, as well as 4,570 DPC points to be distributed as follows:
- 1st $200k – 820 DPC Points
- 2nd $100k – 740 DPC Points
- 3rd $75k – 670 DPC Points
- 4th $50k – 590 DPC Points
- 5th-6th $25k – 515 DPC Points
- 7th-8th $12.5k – 360 DPC Points
While the prize money is very attractive, for some teams the DPC Points given by the tournament are their last chance to guarantee an invitation to The Singapore International 2022 where the real prize pool awaits.