Destiny 2 Season 18, Season of the Plunder, is nearly here, which means that it's time to wave goodbye to Season of the Haunted.
This season will have a pirate theme and will be a major content drop on the road to the upcoming Lightfall expansion slated for 2023.
Here's what we know so far about Destiny 2 Season 18, including its release date, details on the returning raid, the Arc 3.0 subclass update, and more.
Destiny 2 Season 18 Release Date
Destiny 2 Season 18 will release on Tuesday, August 23, 2022, following the end of Season of the Haunted and Bungie's upcoming Destiny 2 Showcase.
Bungie's showcase will go live at 11 am ET while Destiny 2's server downtime will begin at 12:45 pm ET. This means that Season 18 should be live at 2 pm ET.
Official information about both Season 18 as well details surrounding the upcoming Lightfall expansion will be revealed during Bungie's Showcase.
Fuel Up! Get 10% OFF Rogue Energy Drinks With Code 'GFIN'
Destiny 2 Season 18 Roadmap
Season 18 will run from August to November of 2022. Here's the full roadmap for it:
- Friday, August 26: Reprised Raid Launches
- Tuesday, September 6: Week 1 of Iron Banner goes live
- Friday, September 16: Trials of Osiris returns
- Tuesday, October 4: Grandmaster Nightfalls
- Tuesday, October 18: Festival of the Lost
- Tuesday, November 15: Week 2 of Iron Banner goes live
Destiny 2 Season of Plunder Features
Goodbye Season of the Haunted and hello Season of Plunder as Guardians trade their Nightmarish woes in exchange for some good ol' fashion plunderin' and piratin'.
Eramis has broken free from her icy prison and with her newly rounded-up crew of fallen pirates and rogue cabal, she is hunting mysterious treasures. In response to this, Guardians are tasked with collecting these relics but in order to do that they have to create their own crew of shady dealers and backroom brokers.
With the help of The Drifter, Mythrax, Spider, and Eito, players will get on their very own ship and set off for the stars, forming their own pirate crew and filling it with different recruited crew members across the season. That's not all as with their newfound crew, players will be able to participate in several brand-new activities.
This new 6-player offensive has players become their own ammunition, launching themselves from a cannon to an enemy ship.
Players will guide a massive drill that’s looking for buried pirate treasure and will have to fend off enemy pirates.
Throughout their travels, players will be able to find maps that they can piece together. They will be able to use the finished map to find pirate hoards and find some of the dark relics Eramis is looking for.
King's Fall returns for Season 18
As opposed to Season of Haunted which introduced the new Duality dungeon, Season 18 will look to reintroduce an old one, King's Fall.
Keeping with the pirate-theming, King's Fall will return as the season's raid and will be free for all players. This raid, which was initially released in 2015, has players fight off Oryx on his throne ships. Like other raids, King's Fall will provide players with unique weapons and armor.
A Bungie blog post says the "[Redacted]" raid, will go live at 1 pm ET on Friday. August 26, 2022. It'll also have some changes akin to the Vault of Glass.
Here are the alterations:
- The raid will launch with Contest Mode enabled for 24 hours.
- You will need to be at 1560 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Clearing the raid with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director and the special Triumph for completing all of the challenge Triumphs for each encounter.
- Completing the secret Triumph, a curated list of challenges in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode, will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line and claims their prize.
- To enforce the Triumph requirements in the Challenge Mode, your team will wipe if you fail the success conditions during any encounter.
Destiny 2 Arc 3.0
Alongside the return of an old raid, story progression, and more, Destiny 2 will introduce the Arc 3.0 update with Season 18.
This new version of Arc revolves around mobility and staying within range of your enemies. Similar to the other 3.0 subclasses, Arc 3.0 arrives with new effects, Aspects, and Fragments.
Here's Bungie's Blog Post regarding the new Arc changes.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Destiny 2 and More page.