If you're trying to find the best gaming monitor for next-gen, we've got a few below which could be well worth your time!
While 8K gaming monitors are yet to fully appear, there are some which could go well with your PS5 or Xbox Series X.
To get both high resolution and high framerates, you'll need a monitor which is compatible with HDMI 2.1.
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Quick Guide
- Best 1440p Gaming Monitor - BLACK FRIDAY DEAL (Save £40, now £298.99)
- Best Premium Curved Monitor
- Best QHD Gaming Monitor - BLACK FRIDAY DEAL (Save £70, Now £448.98)
- Best 4K Gaming Monitor
- Best Premium Gaming Monitor
- Best Budget 4K Monitor: BLACK FRIDAY DEAL (Save £50, NOW £205.99!)
- Best Budget Gaming Monitor 24"
- Best Budget Gaming Monitor 27"
Let's take a look at some of the gaming monitors on the market right now, and a fair few which feature in the Black Friday Sales too!
At a glance
- ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ1B 27” Curved Monitor, 1440P WQHD
- Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q 27 Inch IPS QHD
- Acer Predator 27 inch UHD Gaming Monitor
- Razer Raptor 27 Inch Gaming Monitor
- BenQ 28 Inch monitor
- BenQ Zowie 24 inch 144 Hz e-sports monitor
- Asus 27 inch FHD Gaming Monitor
If you're new to the gaming monitor world, check out our quick guide below so you know what you're looking for when it comes to the best for next-gen.
Refresh Rate & Response Time
- For gaming, go for a higher refresh rate and lower response times to ensure smooth gameplay.
- Refresh rate is measured in Hz - keep an eye out for 144 Hz for gaming.
- Higher pixel density is generally better, but make sure your system is up to the task!
- Full HD, 4K, even 5K are available.
- Generally speaking, the higher the contrast, the better the image.
TN, IPS or VA
- These are the types of technology in the monitor.
- Typically, TN monitors are cheaper than IPS and VA. VA is known for having impressive contrast.
Using it for a console?
- It's all about connection and cables, but basically, use the HDMI, DVI, or VGA cable and you'll be good to go!
Best 1440p Gaming Monitor - BLACK FRIDAY DEAL (Save £40, now £298.99)
This ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ1B 27” Curved Monitor is a great monitor, that's for sure.
Its curved screen adds a level of immersion, while it's 165Hz refresh rate provides silky-smooth gameplay.
The 1440p resolution gives a fantastic level of detail to games, and you're also saving some cash too, as it's now on sale!
Click here to buy: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ1B 27” Curved Monitor, 1440P WQHD on Amazon
Best Premium Curved Monitor
The Alienware AW3418DW 34 Inch Curved IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Gaming Monitor is a definitely up there when it comes to price, but boy is it impressive.
It's QHD UltraWide 1440p, 120Hz, and decent contrast ratio too. Currently at £899.99 down from £1020.89 on Amazon.
Best QHD Gaming Monitor - BLACK FRIDAY DEAL (Save £70, Now £448.98)
The Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q 27 Inch IPS QHD is an amazing example of high resolution, impressive size, and super-fast refresh rates coming together in an affordable package.
While it may not have the familiarity of other super well-known brands, you can rest assured that this gaming monitor definitely delivers.
Expect super-smooth gameplay, stunning visuals and the much-coveted infinite screen look, thanks to its narrow bezels.
Click here to buy:Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q 27 Inch IPS QHD
Best 4K Gaming Monitor
This Acer Predator 27 inch UHD Gaming Monitor is a great choice for amazing picture quality.
Design speaking, it looks amazing and is real knockout addition to your setup.
Currently, it's at £899.99 on Amazon.
Click here to buy:Acer Predator 27 inch UHD Gaming Monitor
Best Premium Gaming Monitor
This Razer Raptor 27 Inch Gaming Monitor is seriously impressive, and is far more than its amazing design and looks.
It's QHD Wide 1440p, which means that your Xbox Series S may have just found its perfect match. High refresh rates, perfect for high framerates, and of don't forget about those Razer lighting effects too!
It's more expensive, sure, coming in at £679.00, but it does tick some of those all-important next-gen boxes!
Click here to buy:Razer Raptor 27 Inch Gaming Monitor
Best Budget 4K Monitor: BLACK FRIDAY DEAL (Save £50, NOW £205.99!)
If you want to get some amazing picture quality but at a reasonable price point this BenQ 28 Inch monitor is the one for you.
It's 28 inches, which is actually on the larger scale when it comes to monitors, but at the same time won't dominate the room you're putting it in - perfect for those trying to save some space!
It's also got HDR...so prepare to see some very impressive looking games on your next-gen console.
Best Budget Gaming Monitor 24"
This BenQ Zowie 24 inch 144 Hz e-sports monitor is actually a very decent piece of kit, largely due to its high refresh rate which makes for some pretty smooth gameplay.
You're not going to be getting the most out of next-gen with this one, but if you trade of resolution for smooth gameplay this could be a winner!
Currently at only £188.98 on Amazon!
Click here to buy:BenQ Zowie 24 inch 144 Hz e-sports monitor
Best Budget Gaming Monitor 27"
The Asus 27 inch FHD Gaming Monitor is a great choice if you're looking for something bigger, but aren't quite ready to throw down the big bucks just yet.
Coming in at £277.97, this monitor has a super slow response time for smooth gameplay, and also the 'ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Technology to double down on reducing ghosting and motion blur.
Again, you're not going to get those stunning 8K details with this one, but you'll still get to enjoy the awesome frame rates of next-gen!
Click here to buy:Asus 27 inch FHD Gaming Monitor