Cyberpunk Update 1.04 has arrived, a hotfix for many bugs in the game that also introduces some quality gameplay changes.
This is the fourth Cyberpunk 2077 patch since launch!
Let's dive into what the Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.04 hotfix targets, and what you'll see next time you open the game.
Update 1.04 Patch Notes
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.04 hits several different areas of gameplay, and tons of bugs.
The Cyberpunk 2077 main story is a captivating journey, as are its side quests, but some big improvements have been made here in Update 1.04.
- Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
- Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
- Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
- Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
- Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
- Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
- Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
- Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
- Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
- Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
- Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
- Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
- Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
- Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
- Other quest fixes
Cyberpunk 2077 is a beautiful game.
With some new improvements on this end in Update 1.04, things are looking even better and many bugs have been cleaned up.
- Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
- Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
- Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.
- Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
- Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
These are the remaining changes outlined in the Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.04 patch notes.
- Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.
- Improved stability, including various crash fixes.
- Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.
- Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.
- Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.04 is now live on Playstation consoles (PS4 and PS5) as well as PC, but Xbox players will have to be patient, as the patch is still on the way.