The next major Warzone update is out right now and we have everything you need to know about the Patch Notes released by Raven Software.
Full Patch Notes
What's interesting about the Patch Notes below is how small they actually are.
We could be seeing a release of some more-detailed Patch Notes in the future, but chances are raven Software has omitted a lot of changes related to the "Nuke Event" we're due to see slowly unfold over the next two weeks.
- Fixed Dev Error 6634 for Xbox.
- Fixed subtitles for Sims, Beck, and Garcia.
- Armour should now spawn consistently as ground loot across all matches.
- The Tactical Map has been updated:
- You can now double-click to place a Danger Ping.
- When hovering over some pingable objects you’ll now sometimes get the name of the object, making it easier to see what you’re pointing at.
- It should now be slightly easier to point at exactly what you want when items are very close to one another.
- Changed “Delete Pings” text to “Remove My Pings”.
- On Rebirth Island, an out of map exploit was fixed near Chemical Engineering.
- In Plunder, Self Revive can now be dropped via the Quick Inventory menu.
- With keyboard/mouse or any Bumper Ping control scheme, holding the Ping button down for a short time will let you clear all your placed pings at once.
- The Cold War AUG’s base recoil magnitude has been increased.
- Cold War weapon unlocks now appear properly in the After Action Report.
- The Suppressor muzzle now correctly displays muzzle flash concealment as a pro.
- The Cavalry Lancer barrel now increases damage done to vehicles.
- Smooth zoom/variable zoom scopes will now properly mount on vertical walls.
- Fixed some ADS firing animation issues on scopes.
- Fixed a bug where some Cold War barrels were not having their intended effects.
- Baker’s fourth Operator Mission Objective to eliminate 15 enemies using a weapon with an attached 2x magnified scope or greater now tracks properly.
There are reports that the RC-XD is available at Verdansk's Buy Stations following the update, too.
This hasn't been included in the Patch Notes for some reason, but a popular Warzone leaker site has provided the evidence here:
Download Size & File Size Update
You might be wondering why this Warzone update is so big. Well, according to Raven Software it will actually reduce the overall size of Modern Warfare and Warzone with updated file optimisation included.
Below, you can check out the download size on each platform...
- PlayStation 5: 52.0 GB
- PlayStation 4: 52.0 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 57.8 GB
- Xbox One: 57.8 GB
- PC: 52.4 GB (Warzone Only) / 133.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
READ MORE: What's Next For Call Of Duty Zombies?
Then, check out the reduction in file size that has supposedly been included:
- PlayStation 5: 10.9 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- PlayStation 4: 10.9 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 14.2 GB (Warzone Only) / 33.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- Xbox One: 14.2 GB (Warzone Only) / 33.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- PC: 11.8 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
Early Patch Notes?
Annoyingly, we don't even really have any early Patch Notes.
We know that Wolf and Rivas are coming as new Operators, due to their addition to Black Ops Cold War's roster. We also know that the ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle is on the way, but that's pretty much the extent of it.
Due to the fact that Black Ops Cold War and Warzone run on separate engines, the weapon tuning updates and bug fixes on one doesn't apply to the other.
That isn't to say there won't be something similar, because there almost certainly will be, but we can't say anything specific until we get the Patch Notes from Raven Software.
READ MORE: Black Ops Cold War Weapon Tuning Patch Notes
The two titles play differently and it's actually quite hard to compare the two's gunplay despite them being, in theory, the same weapon.
Release Date & Start Time
The Season 2 Reloaded mid-season update for Call of Duty: Warzone is due to drop a day after the Black Ops Cold War variant of the same update.
This means it should be available in-game on March 30th at 23:00 PST / 02:00 EST (March 31) / 07:00 BST (March 31).
We still don't know exactly what's changing yet, but keep an eye on Raven Software's social media channels for the latest updates on Warzone's new content.