The Season 2 Reloaded update for Warzone is finally here and we have everything you need to know about what's in store and details about the update itself.
Season 2 Reloaded Release Time
Raven Software released the Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update at an unusual time, considering the usual Thursday slot.
The next major Warzone update was released on March 30th at 23:00 PST / 02:00 EST (March 31) / 07:00 BST (March 31).
READ MORE: When Is The New BOCW Sniper Dropping?
File Size Details
The newest Warzone update isn't just making changes in-game; the file size for Warzone has actually decreased despite the 50GB+ Season 2 Reloaded update!
READ MORE: Warzone Season 2 Reloaded Patch Notes
Below, we have the reduction of the overall file size on each platform.
- PlayStation 5: 10.9 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- PlayStation 4: 10.9 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 14.2 GB (Warzone Only) / 33.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- Xbox One: 14.2 GB (Warzone Only) / 33.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- PC: 11.8 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
" Enhancements to the overall content management system has been made possible through data optimization and streamlining content packs needed for individual game modes. This will come after a larger than usual, one-time update for Season Two Reloaded, which will include these optimizations and is necessary in order to reduce the overall footprint." - Call of Duty Blog
In addition to this, the download size varies on each platform. It is as follows:
- PlayStation 5: 52.0 GB
- PlayStation 4: 52.0 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 57.8 GB
- Xbox One: 57.8 GB
- PC: 52.4 GB (Warzone Only) / 133.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
Full Patch Notes
Interestingly, there isn't actually that much to look at in the Patch Notes for Warzone Season 2 Reloaded.
Unlike Black Ops Cold War's update, only the AUG is receiving any real alterations. You can check out the full Patch Notes below.
- Fixed Dev Error 6634 for Xbox.
- Fixed subtitles for Sims, Beck, and Garcia.
- Armour should now spawn consistently as ground loot across all matches.
- The Tactical Map has been updated:
- You can now double-click to place a Danger Ping.
- When hovering over some pingable objects you’ll now sometimes get the name of the object, making it easier to see what you’re pointing at.
- It should now be slightly easier to point at exactly what you want when items are very close to one another.
- Changed “Delete Pings” text to “Remove My Pings”.
- On Rebirth Island, an out of map exploit was fixed near Chemical Engineering.
- In Plunder, Self Revive can now be dropped via the Quick Inventory menu.
- With keyboard/mouse or any Bumper Ping control scheme, holding the Ping button down for a short time will let you clear all your placed pings at once.
- The Cold War AUG’s base recoil magnitude has been increased.
- Cold War weapon unlocks now appear properly in the After Action Report.
- The Suppressor muzzle now correctly displays muzzle flash concealment as a pro.
- The Cavalry Lancer barrel now increases damage done to vehicles.
- Smooth zoom/variable zoom scopes will now properly mount on vertical walls.
- Fixed some ADS firing animation issues on scopes.
- Fixed a bug where some Cold War barrels were not having their intended effects.
- Baker’s fourth Operator Mission Objective to eliminate 15 enemies using a weapon with an attached 2x magnified scope or greater now tracks properly.
These Patch Notes don't quite sum everything up, though. There are numerous reports in that additional changes have been made to Warzone through this update.
Firstly, you can reportedly purchase an RC-XD from Buy Stations now for a moderate price of $3000. This is on par with the Cluster Strike.
Furthermore, it looks like Ballistic Missiles and/or Military Jets are finally starting to show up in Verdansk.
Season 2 is due to end in just over three weeks and we're slowly getting closer to finding out how.