Verdansk is on the way out and Andrea Bocelli sums our thoughts up well - It's time to say goodbye. The Warzone Pacific update is on the way and it looks like Call of Duty is giving Verdansk a good send off with the Operation Flashback LTM. Here's what you need to know about it.
UPDATE - Operation Flashback Details Explained
Warzone's new limited-time mode is all about chaos, really. Operation Flashback is throwing an in-game event at us every time the circle starts closing and there's an expanded loot pool full of the rarer items. Here's a quick rundown of everything new in the Operation Flashback LTM...
- In-Game Events
- Fire Sale - Discounts at Buy Stations
- Jailbreak - All eliminated players return
- Supply Chopper - Significantly reduced health
- Cash Drop - Plunder Cash Drops in standard BR
- Loadouts - Can only purchase Loadout Drop Markers during this event
- Ground Fall - Satellites crash to the ground
- Hostile Fire - 80s Action Heroes event around Nagatomi Plaza / "Downtown Tower"
- Restock - All supply boxes refresh
- Resurgence - All players redeploy if one player is alive
- Juggernaut Royale - Multiple Juggernaut crates spawn
- [REDACTED] Weapon Drops - Heavy weapons crates spawn
- New Loot in Item Pool
- "More Than Rare" - Self-Revive Kit, Precision Airstrike, Cluster Strike, Overdrive Perk, Gas Mask
- "Incredibly Rare" - Durable Gas Mask, Advanced UAV, 2X Perk, Vault Keycards #1 & #3
- "Rarest of the Rare" - Hunter Vision, Specialist Token
- New Buy Station Menu
- Self-Revive Kit, Armor Plate Bundle, Armor Box, Recon Drone, Munitions Box, Sentry Gun, Loadout Drop Marker, Bombardment, Armored Truck
Operation Flashback is still going to be a traditional Warzone experience, but there's going to be a lot more going on in each game and you might find it an easier experience to triumph in. Sticking around for a Jailbreak isn't the worst idea, either. You can check out the full details here.
When does the Operation Flashback LTM come out?
At the moment, we're still waiting for the details of Warzone's new Operation Flashback LTM - Call of Duty has been unusually quiet about it all considering it's due to be released in a couple of hours.
We know the basic premise of the Operation Flashback LTM, but we haven't had specific details about what to expect or how it's all going to work - we can only assume that it will boil down to the basic premise of Warzone's gameplay: be the last one standing.
The Operation Flashback LTM is due to be added to Warzone in today's Playlist Update, which is at the following times:
- 10:00 November 18th PST
- 13:00 November 18th EST
- 18:00 November 18th GMT
We should see something before this update, but there's no telling what. Keep an eye on Call of Duty's social media channels.
OPERATION FLASHBACK - What we know so far
At the moment, we don't know a lot about how Operation Flashback will work. We know that it's aiming to be a celebration of Warzone as a whole before we say goodbye to Verdansk for the final time, but Call of Duty hasn't expanded on many details yet.
In their announcement of the Operation Flashback LTM, they have said the following:
" To celebrate – and bring back –these classic moments and many more, lead developer Raven Software created a special “Operation: Flashback” limited-time mode, featuring plenty of surprises that cover Verdansk’s action-packed history."
In addition to this, the phrase "what public events you can expect to happen at the start of every new circle" is being used. This is leading us to believe that we're going to see a new in-game event every time the circle closes. This could be absolutely amazing if it's done correctly. We should learn more in the next few days...