The new Warzone update is out right now and we have all the Patch Notes and file size changes you need to know going into it.
File Size Reduction
Warzone players will be pleased to know that the latest Season 2 Reloaded update actually reduces the overall file size for Warzone and Modern Warfare on all platforms.
Below, we have the overall reductions for each platform. It isn't much, but it's something.
- PlayStation 5: 10.9 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- PlayStation 4: 10.9 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 14.2 GB (Warzone Only) / 33.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- Xbox One: 14.2 GB (Warzone Only) / 33.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
- PC: 11.8 GB (Warzone Only) / 30.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
Unfortunately, though, these file optimisation updates don't come without a cost. Below, we have the size of the Warzone download you'll need to get through first.
- PlayStation 5: 52.0 GB
- PlayStation 4: 52.0 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 57.8 GB
- Xbox One: 57.8 GB
- PC: 52.4 GB (Warzone Only) / 133.6 GB (Warzone and Modern Warfare®)
Raven Software has stated that this is a one-time, larger-than-usual update but we're not quite sure we believe them. Only time will tell if this makes a meaningful impact towards reducing the file size of Warzone in the long run.
Full Patch Notes
Anyway, onto the update itself. Surprisingly, there aren't too many weapon changes being detailed in the Patch Notes.
That isn't to say there hasn't been some tweaking, or that there won't be any in the Season Three update in a few weeks, but we don't know a lot right now.
- Fixed Dev Error 6634 for Xbox.
- Fixed subtitles for Sims, Beck, and Garcia.
- Armour should now spawn consistently as ground loot across all matches.
- The Tactical Map has been updated:
- You can now double-click to place a Danger Ping.
- When hovering over some pingable objects you’ll now sometimes get the name of the object, making it easier to see what you’re pointing at.
- It should now be slightly easier to point at exactly what you want when items are very close to one another.
- Changed “Delete Pings” text to “Remove My Pings”.
- On Rebirth Island, an out of map exploit was fixed near Chemical Engineering.
- In Plunder, Self Revive can now be dropped via the Quick Inventory menu.
- With keyboard/mouse or any Bumper Ping control scheme, holding the Ping button down for a short time will let you clear all your placed pings at once.
- The Cold War AUG’s base recoil magnitude has been increased.
- Cold War weapon unlocks now appear properly in the After Action Report.
READ MORE: What's Next For Call Of Duty Zombies?
- The Suppressor muzzle now correctly displays muzzle flash concealment as a pro.
- The Cavalry Lancer barrel now increases damage done to vehicles.
- Smooth zoom/variable zoom scopes will now properly mount on vertical walls.
- Fixed some ADS firing animation issues on scopes.
- Fixed a bug where some Cold War barrels were not having their intended effects.
- Baker’s fourth Operator Mission Objective to eliminate 15 enemies using a weapon with an attached 2x magnified scope or greater now tracks properly.
There are also reports that the RC-XD has been added to the Buy Station store listings for $3000, but this has not been reflected in the Patch Notes.
We imagine that a lot of information has been left out in order to preserve the "secret" for the upcoming Warzone Event that should put an end to the Zombies plaguing Verdansk.
Update Release Date & Time
The Season 2 Reloaded update for Warzone is dropping just a day later than the Black Ops Cold War Season 2 Reloaded update and, unusually, on a Tuesday Evening / Wednesday Morning.
This means that the next Warzone update is due to drop on March 30th at 23:00 PST / 02:00 EST (March 31) / 07:00 BST (March 31).
This isn't exactly the regular schedule, which makes us wonder what else is going to happen on Thursday?
We are expecting something pretty major with the end of Verdansk on the horizon.
What To Expect?
From the Black Ops Cold War Season 2 Reloaded update we know a few things.
Firstly, Rivas and Wolf are going to be added as new Operators to Warzone over the next week or two. We know Wolf is out now and Rivas is "in season" so far.
In addition to this, the ZRG 20mm Sniper Rifle is an "in season" drop for Season 2 Reloaded. This suggests it could get released on Thursday, if not sooner.
READ MORE: Where's The New BOCW Sniper Rifle Anyway?
Other than this though, it's anyone's guess. Black Ops Cold War underwent a pretty substantial weapons tuning pass in this latest update and we're expecting something similar to happen for Warzone.
We don't want to mention specifics, though, due to the fact that Black Ops Cold War and Warzone operate on different game engines and thus play pretty differently even if you're using the same weapon in-game.
READ MORE: Black Ops Cold War Weapon Tuning Patch Notes
However, the Krig-6 and Milano 821 underwent substantial changes and we'd be surprised if Raven Software didn't do something similar.
For more, though, keep an eye on Raven Software's social media channels for the eventual release of any Patch Notes.