Iron Trials '84 - the newest Warzone game mode to be added to Raven Software's battle royale - is on the way and it sounds insane. It looks like they're trying to change the way Warzone will play and we could see this offer us a better gameplay experience than the standard battle royale mode we've come accustomed to. Here's everything you need to know about the new mode and when it drops.
RELEASE DATE - Iron Trials '84 coming in-season
Warzone's Season 5 Reloaded update was set to introduce Iron Trials '84 - however, Raven Software has now confirmed that it's going to arrive in-season and not at launch like originally expected.
With this in mind, we should see Iron Trials '84 arrive in the Playlist Update that's due to release on September 16th at the following times:
- 10:00 - PST
- 13:00 - EST
- 18:00 - BST
The Season 5 Reloaded Patch Notes also confirm the following changes:
- Field Upgrades
- Dead Silence and Stopping Power have been removed. Leave the pocket sand on the playground.
- Sniper Rifles
- Can only one-shot to the head within 30 meters. You’re gonna have to get up close and personal with the competition.
- ATVs and Dirt Bikes only. You’ll need to dispatch your foes the old fashioned way. Plan your drops carefully and rotate early.
What's changing in this new Warzone mode?
You'll be pleased to know that quite a lot is due to change in this new Warzone mode - It isn't just a rebranded Warzone Rumble like Clash!
We've got a few details below - however, we won't know the specifics of the changes until next week when the latest set of Warzone patch notes drop.
- Health & Health Regeneration Changes;
- Base Health to be increased with an altered Regeneration Rate;
- Loadout Drop Spawns Removed;
- If you want a Loadout Drop, you're going to need to buy one from the Buy Station;
- Increased Buy Station Prices;
- Gulag Loadout Changes;
- There's not going to be any akimbo weapons, no semi-auto or full-auto shotguns and limited tactical equipment;
- You will respawn with your Gulag equipment if you win - whatever you were carrying at the end of your Gulag bout";
- Supplemental Changes
- To be detailed at a later date - " expect additional changes to environmental elements and a variety of important aspects that impact your Warzone experience. More expansive intel available soon";
- New Classified Weapons Coming
- To be detailed at a later date - " Be certain you [[REDACTED]] as these can [[REDACTED]], critical information we hope won’t get [[REDACTED]]";
If you win a game of Iron Trials '84 while it is available to play in Warzone, you'll also earn an exclusive Calling Card. "There's no participation trophy for this mode, soldier."