The changes to the weapons themselves come alongside some changes to certain attachments.
Below, we'll run through the exact changes and the full patch notes.
Warzone Weapon Balance Update
The AUG was initially nerfed at the start of Season 2 Reloaded, but didn't have the desired affect. Now, hopefully it's not the only primary weapon you see in Verdansk.
The update will go live in Warzone on April 6, and should be live at the point you're reading this.
The full patch notes are below:
- The Camo Challenges for the “R1 Shadowhunter” now appear correctly for the Geometric, Flora, and Science Camo Categories.
AUG & FFAR Weapons Changes
- Cold War Tactical Rifle Charlie has (AUG)
- Recoil strength has been increased.
- Burst weapons ride a fine line between inefficient and oppressive. The intent of this change is to maintain the weapon’s identity of being a powerhouse while making it a bit more difficult to wield. Right now we feel it is too easy to stay on target given how lethal it is. We will continue to monitor the performance of the Tactical Rifle Charlie and make additional changes if necessary.
- FFAR 1
- ADS speed has been decreased.
- The FFAR is a jack of all trades. It has the damage profile and range of an AR as well as the fire rate of an SMG. The FFAR’s wholesale efficacy has it edging out SMGs at ranges we’re not satisfied with. Ideally, the FFAR fulfills the role of a mid-range dominator while falling prey to weapons that excel in short-range engagements. We are bringing the FFAR a bit more in line with what you might expect from an AR—damage and range at the cost of handling.
- Rear Grip attachments that showed ADS speed pros should now properly increase ADS speed.
- Fixed a bug with the Groza where the 16.5” CMV Mil-Spec barrel would bypass damage falloff.
- Fixed a bug with the Ember Sighting Point where the XM4 and AK-47 had their ADS speed increased rather than decreased.
- Fixed a bug with the Salvo Fast Mag where the FFAR 1 and M16 were not having their ADS speed decreased.
- The Pelington 703 Wrapped Suppressor effects should now be properly represented in the stat bar.
There will be no actual update to download, so don't worry about that. It'll be a hotfix that'll be made like in game automatically.
There will also be a new sniper and new Operator coming to the hit battle royale this week, so keep an eye out for them.