The Call of Duty Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha is due to start in a matter of hours and new details have emerged about what to expect when you jump in later today. Here's everything you need to know about Scorestreaks, Perks, and when you can check it out for yourself!
DETAILS - What's coming in the Alpha?
Sledgehammer Games has released patch notes - of a sort - for the Champion Hill Alpha that's due to start later today. They run through some of the basics about what to expect and reveal a handful of Scorestreaks and Perks coming to Call of Duty Vanguard in November. Here's the latest:
Champion Hill Maps
- Champion Hill Duos;
- Champion Hill Trios;
- Weapons are persistent through matches.
- There are ten upgrades per weapon and each weapon upgrade adds one attachment;
- Weapon sets will rotate;
- Both Weapon Set 1 and Set 2 include ARs, LMGs, Shotguns, and Pistols;
- MK2 Frag Grenade;
- Cookable Fragmentation Grenade;
- No. 69 Stun Grenade;
- Slows victim’s movement and aiming;
- Throwing Knife;
- A retrievable knife that is lethal when thrown at the body or head;
- Gammon Bomb;
- Impact Grenade;
- MK V Gas Grenade;
- Explodes on impact with the ground, releasing a lingering cloud of gear gas that causes slowed movement, blurred vision, and coughing;
- S-Mine 44;
- Proximity-triggered explosive;
- Undetectable while moving by Spy Planes, enemy intel, and Field Mics;
- Survival Training:
- Maximized resistance to stun effects. Immune to gas;
- High Alert:
- Your vision pulses when enemies outside of your field of view see you;
- Enemies leave behind a footprint trail. See markers at enemy death locations and hide the death markers of enemies you kill;
- Extra lethal on spawn. Thrown lethals display an indicator showing the path of the lethal;
- Double Time;
- Double the duration of Tactical Sprint. Increase crouch movement speed by 30%;
- Spy Plane;
- Calls in a spy plane which reveals all enemy positions on the minimap to allies. Can’t be shot down. (This automatically activates in the next match.)
- Receive a flamethrower with unlimited fuel and a protective suit. Both lost on death. (This automatically activates in the next match.)
- Equips a machine gun with explosive rounds and a fixed number of bullets. Persists through death until ammo is depleted. (This automatically activates in the next match.)
- V2 Rocket;
- Activates instantly, and drops a V2 Rocket, killing all players and ending the match.
- Extra Life;
- Gain 1 additional life for your team.
- Armor Plate;
- A single piece of Armor.
- Full Armor;
- Full set of armor plates.
Operators Available (Randomly Assigned)
- Lucas Riggs;
- Polina Petrova;
- Wade Jackson;
- Arthur Kingsley;
CONFIRMED - PlayStation Alpha details confirmed
Sledgehammer Games has confirmed everything you need to know about the Call of Duty Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha and - surprise, surprise - the leakers were right.
Champion Hill is a round-robin deathmatch tournament where Duos - or Trios in the Alpha - battle against other squads on four different arenas to become champions. There's going to be a Weapon Buy system similar to what you would see in Apex Legends' Arenas mode or CSGO to help add a degree of strategy to this mode.
Pre-loading for the Alpha begins at the following times:
- 03:00 August 23rd - PST
- 06:00 August 23rd - EST
- 11:00 August 23rd - BST
The Call of Duty Vanguard Champion Hill Alpha will then start at the following times:
- 10:00 August 27th - PST
- 13:00 August 27th - EST
- 18:00 August 27th - BST
All you need to do is go through the Modern Warfare, Warzone, or Black Ops Cold War menu to access the downloaded Vanguard Alpha. This will also direct you to the Alpha download if you've not got that far yet. Either way... It's almost time to play.
LEAK - Alpha added to PSN, File Size leaked
Twitter user PlaystationSize has shared new information that would suggest the PlayStation Exclusive Call of Duty Vanguard Alpha - featuring Champion Hill - is going to be just over 20GB in size on PlayStation 5. 20.38GB to be exact.
As you can see in the Tweet below, there's no news on when it's going to be released just yet and we don't even know if it's coming to PlayStation 4. There have been leaks of a cross-gen bundle for Vanguard, though, so the full game will certainly be available on PS4 and PS5.
If you continue onto the section below, you'll find the leaked Alpha start date. It might be time to keep a few GB spare on your hard drive, then.
LEAK - Vanguard Alpha Start Date
Following the Season 5 update for both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, Call of Duty data miners got to work uncovering every snippet of information about Call of Duty Vanguard they could. As you probably know by now, they found out quite a lot.
Activision leant into this and started to tease the game themselves and now Tom Henderson, notorious for dancing the fine line between leaking and breaking NDAs, has confirmed some exciting facts about the upcoming Alpha for Call of Duty Vanguard.
Firstly, it looks like the Vanguard Alpha is going to be exclusive to PlayStation and is currently scheduled to start on August 27th. As a Friday, we're expecting the Alpha to be a weekend-long event.
We should hear more about this during and after the Vanguard Reveal Event coming to Warzone this week.
LEAK - Vanguard Alpha to showcase Champion Hill
In addition to this, we also know that it looks like a new game mode called Champion Hill is going to be available during the Alpha. If we look back to Modern Warfare's Alpha, only Gunfight was available. It isn't impossible to think that the Vanguard PlayStation Alpha will only feature the one game mode.
According to Tom Henderson, Champion Hill is a lot like... Well, Warzone.
As you can see above, it looks like this will be an elimination-based mode that features Cash and Buy Stations just like Warzone. Without knowing much more about Champion Hill and the way Vanguard works as a whole, though, we can't say for sure how similar it will actually be. It does sound exciting, though...