There's plenty going on in the world of Call of Duty, with a brand new Playlist Update for Modern Warfare and Warzone, along with Warzone Season 7 approaching!
Warzone Season 7 Release Date
Activision has confirmed that Call of Duty Warzone Season 7 will be released on Thursday, 10 December.
However, Warzone's next season will be called Call of Duty Warzone Season 1, alongside Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Season 1.
An explanation from Activision adds: “On November 13th, Black Ops Cold War is set to launch with an updated player progression system. Players will begin by completing Military Ranks, a traditional levelling journey to unlock functional gameplay items.
The new 1 December Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone Playlist Update has arrived!
It joins a long line of exciting game mode additions, and it could be the best yet.
1 December Playlist Update
- Gunfight: Snipers Only
- Deathmatch Domination
- "Stir Crazy" (10v10 on small maps)
- "A Little DIY" (Scrapyard and Hardhat)
- Added Plunder Quads
- Removed Blood Money Trios
20 November Playlist Update
The most recent playlist update saw the introduction of the brand new Armored Royale gamemode!
17 November Playlist Update
- Blueprint Gunfight
- S&D Double Down
- NVG Moshpit
- Removed Plunder Trios
- Added Plunder: Blood Money (Quads)
13 November Playlist Update
- Removed Shipment
- Removed Shoot House 24/7
- Added FFA Party Moshpit
- Added Realism Moshpit
- Added Mini Royale
10 November Playlist Update
- Ground War
- TDM Snipers Only
- Hardpoint Hills and Kills
- Shipment 24/7
- Shoot House 24/7
- BR Solos, Duos, Trios, Quads
- Plunder Trios
10 November Gameplay Patch
As mentioned, 10 November's playlist update came alongside a gameplay patch for both games.
The gameplay changes for Warzone included:
- Private Warzone is now added – will feature 3 versions: BR (50 players), Plunder (30 players), and Mini BR (24 players).
- Parachutes will now auto deploy in Plunder.
- Many smaller bug fixes.
General gameplay changes included:
- Fixed error code: “HK:s=373408m=54293536:10635584”.
- Gunfight gun rotations now work properly.
- AFK prevention added to Gunfight.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t spawn after dying as an HQ was disabled.
- Many smaller bug fixes.
Content Shared Across Modern Warfare, Warzone & Cold War
As confirmed by Activision in a November 5 blog post, in-game content (guns, Operator skins, etc.) will be shared across Modern Warfare, Warzone, and Black Ops Cold War.
Player and Battle Pass progressions will also be shared across the games.
This all means there is bound to be some continued support for Modern Warfare and the current season timelines (Season 7, Season 8, etc.).
At the same time, everything could also reset as players find themselves back in "Season 1" as it relates to Black Ops Cold War.