Der Anfang is a fine Zombies experience, but it lacks something special - it lacks what other Round-Based maps offer and there's a lot Vanguard Zombies is missing. However, it looks like Treyarch are starting to make things right and Survival gameplay is coming to Der Anfang and Vanguard Zombies. Here's how you can access the closest thing to Round-Based Zombies following the latest mid-season update.
How to play Round-Based Zombies in Vanguard
Vanguard's latest update added quite a lot of Zombies content, however, the one thing we're all talking about is the addition of the Void.
The Void is a new objective type in Der Anfang that is, for lack of a better description, Round-Based Zombies. Here's the specific section of Sledgehammer Games' Patch Notes on the update that details what the Void is...
- Survival gameplay comes to “Shi No Numa” in the Void, accessed from Von List’s Office in Stalingrad.
- Rounds are advanced by defeating increasingly difficult endless waves of zombies, rather than by completing Objectives.
- After completing 3 rounds in the Void, players must choose to Flee or Survive. Choosing Survive continues to spawn waves of zombies until players choose to escape, or if the game ends when all players go down.
- Players earn 5,000 bonus Essence for every 3 rounds completed in the Void.
- After surviving 12 rounds in the Void, players earn a reward that prevents Perks from dropping below Tier II upon going down for the rest of the match.
- The Pack-a-Punch machine is available in “Shi No Numa” when in the Void.
- Players can return to Stalingrad to upgrade their Perks, Covenants, and Artifacts after surviving 3 rounds in the Void, and can return to the Void at any time.
If you want to find Von List's office in Der Anfang, you need to head to a blocked doorway to the left of the Theatre building - where you'll find Aethereal Haste. Here, you'll need to tackle an objective to unlock the door and then you can find the Void Portal which will take you to Shi No Numa and the Round-Based Zombies experience you know and love.