Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Patch 1.09 includes another nerf for the 725 shotgun (PS4, Xbox & PC)
Infinity Ward has FINALLY patched the most broken weapon in the game – it’s time to celebrate.
Another new patch has arrived thanks to Infinity Ward, as Call of Duty Modern Warfare’s meta improves.
The range and damage of the shotgun have been reduced, which for all intents and purposes has made it into a shotgun again, rather than a sniper rifle.
The unexpected patch brought some updates to other weapons, along with general bug fixes and spawn issues.
In the most recent patch, Infinity Ward only made a handful of adjustments, so we must be getting closer and closer to the perfect game.
- Special Operations: Fix for an issue where a player would see no objective after retrying a mission after spectating (Operation Paladin)
- CDL: Fix for rulesets in Search and Destroy where Field Upgrades were disabled
- Fix for an exploit where players could duplicate their killstreaks (“Fix for various exploits”)
- Fix for the “Blue V” Optic challenge not displaying the proper text description
- Fix misspelling of “trophy”
- Fixed a bug that could cause the filter on the respawn selection screen to stay on screen when spawning back in
- Fix for an issue where the Select Loadout screen would keep reappearing after already selecting a loadout and attempting to spawn back in
Missions & challenges
The following challenges have been fixed:
- “Warrior’s Code”
- Officer progression “Launch Destroys”
- Officer progression “Heartbreaker”
- Officer progression ”Precision Airstrike”
- Officer progression: “Karma”
- Officer progression “Close and Personal”
Damage changes arrive to a host of guns in Patch 1.09.
AUG 5.56 Caliber conversion
- Increasing close range damage
- Increasing mid damage range and reduced chest multiplier
READ MORE: Black Friday 2019: Xbox One X Deals
- Small reduction to base weapon damage range
- Significantly reduced the damage range added by attachments
READ MORE: Black Friday 2019: PS4 Pro Deals
- Small hips spread increase
- Reduced effective damage at the hip
- Slight reduction of damage range with all range-extending attachments
READ MORE: Best SMG loadout to use in Modern Warfare
The game is slowly creeping towards perfection, all we need now is the return of the classic Modern Warfare maps…please!
To keep players from wondering off and getting frustrated with the game, ensuring that all little bugs are fixed ASAP is the way to do it! Luckily for us this is what Infinity Ward is doing.
Although we here at RealSport have noticed just one small hiccup that is still yet to be addressed, the Search and Destroy camera angle glitch.
What are you most excited about in Patch 1.09? Let us know in the comments section below.