Another new patch has arrived thanks to Infinity Ward, as Call of Duty Modern Warfare's meta improves.
The range and damage of the shotgun have been reduced, which for all intents and purposes has made it into a shotgun again, rather than a sniper rifle.
The unexpected patch brought some updates to other weapons, along with general bug fixes and spawn issues.
In the most recent patch, Infinity Ward only made a handful of adjustments, so we must be getting closer and closer to the perfect game.
ADDED EXTRAS: Special Operations are back with a bang this year, featuring a bunch of DLC
- Special Operations: Fix for an issue where a player would see no objective after retrying a mission after spectating (Operation Paladin)
- CDL: Fix for rulesets in Search and Destroy where Field Upgrades were disabled
- Fix for an exploit where players could duplicate their killstreaks (“Fix for various exploits”)
- Fix for the “Blue V” Optic challenge not displaying the proper text description
- Fix misspelling of “trophy”
EXPLOSIVE: The 20v20 Ground War is arguably the most electric mode in the game
- Fixed a bug that could cause the filter on the respawn selection screen to stay on screen when spawning back in
- Fix for an issue where the Select Loadout screen would keep reappearing after already selecting a loadout and attempting to spawn back in
Missions & challenges
TEAM UP: Play with your mates in Missions and unlock unique rewards by completing challenges
The following challenges have been fixed:
- “Warrior’s Code”
- Officer progression “Launch Destroys”
- Officer progression “Heartbreaker”
- Officer progression ”Precision Airstrike”
- Officer progression: “Karma”
- Officer progression “Close and Personal”
Damage changes arrive to a host of guns in Patch 1.09.
AUG 5.56 Caliber conversion
WEAPON OF CHOICE: The AUG is one of the most popular SMGs this year, thanks to its marginal recoil and impressive mobility
- Increasing close range damage
- Increasing mid damage range and reduced chest multiplier
NERFED: The most broken gun in the game just became...well, normal
- Small reduction to base weapon damage range
- Significantly reduced the damage range added by attachments
- Small hips spread increase
- Reduced effective damage at the hip
Shotguns are unfair to come up against, so the Model 680 also received a small downgrade
- Slight reduction of damage range with all range-extending attachments
The game is slowly creeping towards perfection, all we need now is the return of the classic Modern Warfare maps...please!
To keep players from wondering off and getting frustrated with the game, ensuring that all little bugs are fixed ASAP is the way to do it! Luckily for us this is what Infinity Ward is doing.
Although we here at RealSport have noticed just one small hiccup that is still yet to be addressed, the Search and Destroy camera angle glitch.
What are you most excited about in Patch 1.09? Let us know in the comments section below.