Call of Duty: What does the PS5 mean for the future of Modern Warfare & the CoD franchise?
We have a date & information about Sony’s next console. What can CoD fans expect?
Sony have made both an exciting and breaking announcement, revealing the name and release date/period of their next gen console.
The new console, given the predictable name of the PS5, will be available for purchase from Holidays 2020, highlighting that we can expect the console to be released late November 2020.
Mark Cerny, Sony’s system architect conveyed all that we can expect with the launch of the Playstation 5 next year and RealSport depict what this means for the future of Call of Duty 2020.
More powerful CPU and GPU
- Improved graphics and visual effects.
- 8K supported graphics (if you have a TV which supports 8K).
- System memory increase in size and speed.
- Ability to download larger files.
- Models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments.
- Leads to heightened realism, as it allows accurate mimicking of how light bounces off different objects.
Ray Tracing is a real time advanced computer graphic system that can generate a life like way of rendering light and shadows. It is used in films and TV shows, however, has only recently seen its introduction into video games on the PC.
With Ray Tracing having been announced as a feature on the PS5, game developers will be able to increase the levels of graphics and realism in their games which is a dream come true to most for console gamers.