Call of Duty Modern Warfare update 1.13 went live yesterday, and the patch notes have revealed some exciting changes. How big is the latest Call of Duty Modern Warfare update? Well depending on your console it varies, but those with the game will already be expecting big numbers and it comes in at 48GB on PCs, 13GB on PS4 and 18.4GB on Xbox One.
The headlines were leaked by Infinity Ward senior communications manager Ashton Williams who on Tuesday tweeted:
INTEL: Williams often gives a head up the day before a patch release
- New Crossbow weapon (unlocked by using a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Optic, get 5 kills in 25 different matches)
- 5 additional loadout slots
- Fix for player collision
- Playlist Update: Added Capture the Flag and Shoot the Ship (Removes Shoot House 24/7) playlists. Aniyah Palace added back into rotation.
This isn't the most wholesale patch of all time. Players have been calling out for more loadout options for a while which is a nice touch. The new 'one-shot-one-kill' crossbow will get people excited to try something different.
But generally, this just feels like a tidying update, fixing lots of little issues that needed ironing out. Whilst less glamorous, these are the kind of updates that maintain the integrity and quality of the game - so we are all for it.
One point worth making is the line "Fixed a bug that could give players invincibility", this could explain so much! I can tell you now, I never got the benefit of this!
That said, the patch didn't go completely smoothly with lots of people reporting corruption issues and ranks being reset. Infinity Ward are still resolving all these but it looks under control.
STRESSFUL: The last thing you want with a patch release
CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE PATCH NOTES
- In some cases, players could hit an invisible kill trigger in a bush that would cause them to die instantly while near A Flag on Port. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an out of bounds exploit on Aniyah Palace
- Temporarily removing Krovnik Farmland out of rotation while we work on a few bugs
- Fix for a bug that could lock a PC player’s FOV at 60 until they respawn while in Ground War
- The “Stand Together” calling card (3 Wins in Team Deathmatch) was being awarded even though this calling card is earned by default. This has been adjusted to the “Redemption” calling card.
- The Daily Challenge for getting “10 Claymore Kills” was awarding the “One Shot” spray which is unlocked by default. This has been adjusted to the “Soft Serve” spray.
- Fix for an issue where the playlist filter would not switch game modes, even with multiple modes selected
- Adjusted the damage threshold for “Get X Kills while Injured” challenge to make it a bit easier to obtain
- Various out-of-map exploit fixes
READ MORE: The best sniper loadout to use
- Fix for a few graphical errors that could occur on Ground War maps
- Infected: Fixed a bug where the Nuke effects and audio will interrupt and overlap the final killcam if called in after death of the final survivor
- Fixes to the Recent Players list appearing incorrectly on Xbox
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to capture the Hardpoint while in the hotel on St. Petrograd
- Adjusted the obituary to remove the oldest items first
- Fixed a bug that would reset Voice Chat settings after the application was hard closed
- Fix for a bug that allowed player collision. This has been fixed
- Players can no longer cancel their recovery state when sliding, but will always incur the standard fire delay (visually the player will still respond)
READ MORE: The best shotgun loadout to use
- On Shipment, players are able to set Care Packages on spawn points, causing players to die instantly when spawning in on these points. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the Elite Xbox One controller had a slight bounce back with the analog sticks
- Fixed a bug that could give players invincibility
- Fix for some Officer Progression emblems not displaying the correct rarity
- Fixed an issue that would lock Operator missions despite having the correct Battle Pass Tier
READ MORE: The most OP weapons in COD:MW
- Fixed a bug where using the ‘Stopping Power Rounds’ Field Upgrade with an empty C4 slot would cause the C4 detonator to appear before reloading with the Stopping Power Rounds
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations while manipulating the Weapon Drop Field Upgrade
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Recon Drone to fly into geo if C4 was thrown onto it
- Fix for Stopping Power Rounds not applying the correct damage boost to headshots
- Increased protection radius
- Decreased the radius and the damage taken by trophy explosions
- Fixed a bug where the explosion damage and effects wouldn’t trigger for the third explosion
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Cruise Missile to kill players while out of bounds on Shipment
- Fixed a bug where the 1mW Laser would not appear equipped on the 1911 pistol while in the Gunsmith menu
- M4A1 Blueprint "OG" ADS position moved forward; the viewmodel or gun's position relative to the camera or player's eye is moved forward more, so it blocks less of the line of sight
- Changing the magazine capacity from 45 to 50 for the RAM-7 extended magazine.
- Increasing the bullet penetration of the MK2 Carbine
- Less horizontal recoil on the initial bullets of the FN Scar-17
- Changed the way stats are displayed for stocks to be more consistent with other attachments (this is for the graphs only, not the actual stats)
Call of Duty League
- Domination: Flags must be neutralized before being captured again. Settings for neutralization timing are now available in settings
- Decreased charge time on the Trophy System
- Headshot multiplier damage has been clamped; torso and headshots are now the same
- Removed lightweight boost and decreased charge time on Dead Silence
- Reworked minimap visuals (removed outside map background, removed minimap frame)
- Improved readability of the killfeed and nameplate colors
- Improved the quality of the colored arrows shown under players when using the Aerial Camera
- Data View feature has been temporarily removed
- Tweaked parts of the Battle Pass UI in order to better support higher Aspect Ratios
- Fixed an issue with the sound effects on the Support Helo
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability