Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War is on fire with a brand new Zombies map, Firebase Z, making waves.
A new update adds even more exciting changes for both Zombies and Multiplayer, going live on February 5th.
Let's dive right into the big update following up on the successful launch of Firebase Z.
Black Ops Cold War Update - February 5
Firebase Z changes Call of Duty Zombies from the ground up, and a new patch is making further adjustments.
This includes changes to the Firebase Z main quest, enemy counts, and big changes for general Multiplayer as well.
Here are the patch notes for the new Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Update:
Double XP Weekend
- Double XP active in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone 10AM PT Feb. 5-8.
- Added new Prestige Icons from previous Call of Duty titles to the Prestige Shop, including Prestige Icons from Black Ops 3 Zombies, Black Ops 4 Zombies, and Blackout.
READ MORE: Call of Duty Firebase Z Easter Egg Guide
- Added a small speed penalty and jump height penalty after landing from a jump.
- We will continue to monitor this change in the live environment and make further tuning changes as needed.
- CDL Pro
- Added CDL Pro Hardpoint, Search & Destroy, and Control modes featuring preset CDL classes and CDL competitive settings.
- Enabled Gunfight in Custom Games.
- Addressed a UI Error issue that could prevent players from saving custom settings in Custom Games.
- Mini-map will now properly display when a friendly H.A.R.P. is active, regardless of a UAV being active or not.
- Addressed an issue where the Jammer Field Upgrade could cause players to disappear from the mini-map when a friendly H.A.R.P. was active.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when joining Express in Split Screen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur as the train exited the map on Express.
- Enabled the main Easter Egg quest at 10AM PT Friday, Feb. 5th.
- Added crash fixes related to Tombstone Soda, Napalm Strike, Artillery, and Exfil.
- Reduced the number of Manglers in earlier rounds.
- Reduced the number of possible Mimic traps spawns around the map to reduce the frequency of encountering hidden Mimics.
- Addressed an issue where a Mimic trap could spawn that didn't actually have a Mimic in it, resulting in an item on the ground that could not be interacted with.
- Addressed an issue where the Mimic could throw the player out of gameplay space.
- Addressed an issue where zombies would fail to path in the Motor Pool when only the Weapons Lab was opened.
- Reduced the number of shots required to trigger the Vortex explosion.
- Addressed an issue with the RAI K-84 Vortex explosion damage being multiplied incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where a prompt would remain on Dr. Dimitri Kuhlklay during the Wonder Weapon quest.
- Tuned Orda health values based on high rounds.
- Decreased equipment damage against the Orda.
- Addressed an issue where a player could bypass the buy door in the Village starting spawn area.