If you've dropped into Black Ops Cold War's Multiplayer lately, you'll notice a thing or two about the meta - it's safe to say that it's dominated by Akimbo Marshal Pistols with Dragon's Breath. Yeah, we're in that phase of this Call of Duty's Multiplayer. In a response to this, Treyarch has revealed that they're releasing a huge nerf for the Marshal Pistol in Season 6. Here's what we know...
MARSHAL PISTOL NERF - What's the damage?
The Season 6 Patch Notes tell-all when it comes to the nerf being introduced to the Marshal Pistol and its grim reading if you like them.
The Damage Range is being drastically reduced and there's going to be alterations to the Firing Speed and the Bonus Damage from Dragon's Breath! Here's everything you need to know below:
- Reduced max damage range from 5.08m to 3.81m
- Reduced firing speed from 0.35 to 0.366
- Increased range penalty on Dragon’s Breath attachment from 8% to 25%
- Bonus Damage from Dragon’s Breath is now reduced at ranges beyond 6.66m.
- Maximum bonus damage has been reduced from 40 to a maximum of 24
- The 12.1” Extended Barrel attachment increases this range before damage drop off
We're sure they're going to still pack a punch in Multiplayer, but this nerf is hard-hitting compared to the rest of the Season 6 Patch Notes.
When does the Season 6 update release?
Black Ops Cold War's Season 6 update - which is going to implement the Marshal Pistol nerf detailed above - is right around the corner.
The update is expected to go live at the following times:
- 21:00 October 6th PST
- 23:00 October 6th EST
- 04:00 October 7th BST
Season 6 is set to introduce a new round-based Zombies map - Forsaken, a new Perk-a-Cola, a handful of new Multiplayer maps and a few new weapons. Alex Mason is also back as an Operator, if that's what you need to sway you after the Marshal Pistol nerf.