Treyarch has really outdone themselves this time around. Black Ops Cold War Season 4 is looking like it's going to be the best Call of Duty season yet! Here's a countdown to Season 4 and the release of all the new content.
When Does It All Start?
Black Ops Cold War Season 4 starts on June 17th, officially. However, there are a few different times you should know about going into it.
Firstly, the Season 4 content itself is going to be available in-game from 21:00 PST (June 16) / 00:00 EST / 05:00 BST on June 17th. However, that isn't everything.
The Season 4 "Ground Fall" Event and the new Outbreak Main Quest are both scheduled to start a little later at 10:00 PST / 13:00 EST / 18:00 BST on June 17th. There's going to be Multiplayer and Zombies challenges for Black Ops Cold War, so it's well worth keeping an eye on.
Download Size On All Platforms
Following this, if you haven't installed the update yet... The Black Ops Cold War Season 4 update is going to be between 15 GB and 31 GB in size depending on your platform. You can see them below:
- PlayStation 5: 30 GB
- PlayStation 4: 15.5 GB
- Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S: 31.0 GB
- Xbox One: 17.7 GB
- PC: 21.6 GB (without HD Pack) / 30.7 GB (with HD Pack)
It's worth noting that if you're playing on PC, you're going to need to keep around 90GB of space clear for the "patch copying process". You'll get this back when it's all over, but it's a little inconvenient.
If you're not sure what this means, you can find out more about the copying process used by Call of Duty titles here.
The New Operators Are Here
There's going to be a few new faces coming to Black Ops Cold War in Season 4, as expected. Here's everything you need to know about them below.
Jackal - Warsaw Pact
" A brutal mercenary leader, Jackal has ground his competition into the dirt, recruiting only the strongest survivors into his company. Hated and feared, he works for the highest bidder, and Perseus has very deep pockets..."
Jackal will be available at Tier 0 in the Season 4 Battle Pass, with an Ultra-Rarity Skin available at Tier 100.
Salah - NATO
" A member of Egypt’s elite Unit 777 formed following the expulsion of the Soviets, Salah is a Counterterrorism and Hostage Rescue expert. Always positive and quick to see the best in people, he will always have your back."
Salah will be available in-season via Item Store Operator Bundle.
Weaver - NATO
" Born in the USSR and raised in America, CIA Clandestine Service Officer Grigori Weaver straddles both sides of the Cold War divide. With this Operator Skin based on his original Black Ops incarnation, Weaver’s dedication compels him to return to duty even after the recent loss of his left eye."
Weaver is going to be available in-season via Item Store Operator Bundle.
What About New Weapons?
This is what makes Black Ops Cold War tick, right? Treyarch is making sure they're keeping things fresh with five new weapons. Here's the low-down on what's joining the armoury...
MG 82 - LMG
" Full-auto light machine gun. Highest fire rate in class with improved aiming speed. Moderate recoil and damage with increased ammo capacity."
This will be available for free at Tier 15 of the Season 4 Battle Pass.
C58 - AR
" Full-auto assault rifle. High damage at close range with a slower fire rate. Fast bullet velocity and reliable recoil control with less ammo capacity."
This weapon is going to be free at Tier 31 of the Season 4 Battle Pass.
Nail Gun - Special (BOCW) / SMG (WZ)
" This slow-firing, highly mobile power tool uses compressed air to launch fast-moving projectiles that deal high damage at close range."
This is going to be available at the start of Season 4 via in-game Challenge or Weapon Blueprint Bundle.
OTs 9 - SMG
" Boasting great stopping power and a phenomenal rate of fire, the OTs 9 is hindered only by its low magazine capacity of 20 rounds."
This is going to be available at some point during Season 4 via in-game Challenge or Weapon Blueprint Bundle.
Mace - Melee
" A weapon ill fit for the weak, Mace can inflict critical damage on command — no dice rolls needed on whether it can bludgeon your rivals in a single blow within Multiplayer."
This Melee Weapon is going to be available mid-Season 4 via in-game Challenge or Weapon Blueprint Bundle.
There's a Few New Maps, Too
We know that new Multiplayer Maps are a given at this stage, but Treyarch has really outdone themselves with the selection of new locales coming to Black Ops Cold War in Season 4. Here's the latest...
Collateral (12v12) and Collateral Strike (6v6)
" Collateral places NATO and Warsaw Pact forces under the scorching desert sun in Algeria, where a CIA satellite has crashed into an abandoned village, the very same location that Adler and company secured on June 27, 1984."
This map is due to be added to the relevant Multiplayer Playlists at the start of Season 4.
Amsterdam (2v2) and (3v3)
" Fight clean or dirty across Amsterdam’s rooftops, featured prominently in the Black Ops Cold War Campaign curtain-raiser mission “Nowhere Left to Run.”"
This smaller map is going to be added to Black Ops Cold War at the start of Season 4.
" A beloved 6v6 map first appearing in Black Ops II, Hijacked takes place on a commandeered superyacht deep in international waters. Fighting occurs on all decks of this vessel from bow to stern, including the boiler room and a centre area complete with a hot tub."
This will be added to Black Ops Cold War at the launch of Season 4.
"This chaotic arena offers multiple opportunities for up-close-and-personal combat, with narrow choke zones to scurry through and a scattering of exterior structures offering longer-range takedown possibilities."
Rush will arrive throughout the season. We have no timeline on when it is due to be added at the moment.
Game Modes, Zombies, and More
There's almost too much content to talk about. Here's a quick-fire list of everything else that's on the way in Season 4.
New Game Mode - Sat-Link (Multi-Team)
- " Upon reaching the Sat-Link marked on your map, your squad will power it up. It will then unfold and start uploading crucial data to the satellites still in orbit. Before you reach a site, search for item crates that may contain powerful Scorestreaks or other items to help you wipe other squads also tasked with transferring classified intel."
- New Game Mode - One In The Chamber
- " First introduced in the original Black Ops, One in the Chamber gives you three lives and a single, incredibly lethal bullet. If that one shot lands anywhere on an enemy, they will lose a life while you gain another bullet. Melee attacks are also lethal, so be prepared for some serious fisticuffs if you and your enemy both lose your golden bullet."
- New Game Mode - Capture The Flag (In-Season)
- " An objective mode whose roots stem from the very first Call of Duty Multiplayer experience, Capture the Flag (CTF) is a competitive game where squads must take the enemy’s flag and return it to their home base, while also defending theirs from the enemy team."
- New Outbreak Region - Zoo
- " Don’t feed the zombies as you complete objectives, uncover new Dark Aether story Intel, and even find some World Events. Who knows? Maybe even the Orda exhibit will arrive when you warp into the Zoo in later rounds…"
- New Outbreak Main Quest - Operation Excision
- " The Dark Aether story will expand in Outbreak at the start of the season with “Operation Excision,” the newest Zombies Main Quest that will serve as a narrative prologue to the next round-based map coming mid-season."
- New Scorestreak - Hand Cannon
- " A semiautomatic handgun chambered in a ridiculously high-calibre round, the Hand Cannon delivers lethal damage to anywhere on the body, as the sheer kinetic impact incapacitates any Operator at a minimum, or blows them to smithereens with a well-placed shot."