The first Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Update of Season 2 is here, and it brings some important changes to the game!
Let's dive right into the patch notes, which includes Ray Gun changes, Outbreak improvements, and the Prop Hunt playlist featuring the new Apocalypse map.
Black Ops Cold War Update - Feb. 26
Season 2 brought a ton of new content to Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, but Treyarch clearly wasn't satisfied there.
To add to this massive content push, a new update has arrived just in time for the weekend to make additional improvements.
Here are the newest patch notes for Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War.
- 2XP + 2WXP Weekend
- Double XP and Double Weapon XP now live in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone through 10AM PT Monday, March 1st.
- Addressed framerate performance issues on all platforms since Season Two launch.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to stand outside of the intended play space outside of the basketball court.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to capture the P3 Hardpoint zone outside of the boundary.
- Prop Hunt
- Added Prop Hunt to Featured Playlists (Feb. 25).
- Added Apocalypse to Prop Hunt map pool.
After Action Report
- Addressed an issue where both teams would display the same score in the After Action Report.
READ MORE: A New Call of Duty is Coming in 2021
- Added the Outbreak Event tab to League Play.
- Added the Challenges tab to League Play.
- Re-enabled the Calling Cards tab in the Player Identity list in League Play.
- Addressed an issue where Tokens could not be redeemed from the League Play lobby.
- Addressed an issue with the Rank 1 emblem being present in multiple locations before a player had completed Placement Matches.
READ MORE: New Warzone Bunkers Found in Season 2
- Addressed stability issues related to Objectives, Hellhounds, Plaguehounds, Trials Machine, and Dragon Relic.
- Added various crash fixes.
- Addressed an issue that was resulting in lower-than-intended Outbreak Match bonus XP totals.
- Addressed various enemy pathing issues.
- Addressed an issue that caused a loss of functionality for the parachute after going down from a fall.
- Field Upgrades
- Addressed an issue where the Aether Shroud Field Upgrade could lose its initial full charge during the Retrieve Objective.
- Closed an exploit that allowed the Death Machine to be used indefinitely.
- Addressed a UI error that would appear when pinging the Trials Computer.
- Ray Gun
- Added a cap to the amount of splash damage the Ray Gun and other weapons can inflict on the player.