Looking for the latest information about the 80s Action Heroes event challenges and rewards? We've got everything you need to know. Yippie-ki-yay, right?
80s Action Heroes Event
There's a new limited-time event in Call of Duty and there are two new Operators coming to match the 80s Action Heroes theme of the event.
Verdanks '84 is getting a few more POIs, Black Ops Cold War is getting a new map and there are a few other surprises in-store. However, we're talking about the new event and what challenges and rewards are up for grabs.
There's going to be nine Warzone challenges to complete and nine to complete in Black Ops Cold War. Calling Cards, Emblems and Weapon Charms are up for grabs and there are two exclusive Weapon Blueprints to earn. Here's what we know...
Warzone-Specific Challenges & Reward
If you're looking to play more Warzone than Black Ops Cold War, there are a few 80s Action Heroes challenges you can complete. Some of them are fairly easy, while others might take you a couple of games to complete. Here are all the challenges and tips on how to complete them...
- In Warzone, earn First Blood by being the first member of your squad to get a kill
- Pretty simple really. Drop quick and kill first. Thankfully, you just need to be the first person in your squad to get a kill. Not the entire lobby...
- In Warzone, get 15 kills with Explosive Weapons or Lethal Equipment
- Semtex & C4 is the way forwards here. If you can hit a lucky shot with an RPG-7, too, this will help. Stay away from the Grenade Launcher, though.
- In Warzone Power Grab, collect 50 Dog Tags
- Power Grab is the new LTM and Dog Tags drop like they do in Kill-Confirmed. This could take a while, or you could finish it in one game. Use an SMG to get better mobility in-game.
- In Warzone Power Grab, reach the final circle 5 times
- You'll need to play at least five games of Power Grab, then. This shouldn't be too hard if you play your cards right. There's no Gulag though, so watch out.
- In Warzone, Eliminate 25 enemy agents during the Arms Deal Public Event
- If you head to the car park beneath the Nakatomi Plaza, you can spawn some Plaza Guards. Take out 25 of these and you'll get a keycard that will unlock the 31st Floor vault. It's like the Shipwreck Zombies in-game event, but with Nakatomi Plaza Guards.
- In Warzone, survive a jump to the ground from the top of the Nakatomi Tower
- Land there, touch base on the roof and jump off. Easy as that. You can always take a chopper if you are afraid of dying in the first few days, it's bound to be a busy drop.
- In Warzone, complete any one of the three side missions at Nakatomi Tower
- These will be like the Hunt for Adler "side missions"; These contracts will be dotted around Nakatomi Tower and shouldn't be too hard to complete after the initial rush to check out the new POI is over.
- In Warzone, collect 3 Rambo POW Dog Tags
- These will spawn in the ten new Survival Camps that are scattered about Verdansk '84. They're worth the loot, but as new POIs they might be a bit busy for the first couple of days.
- In Warzone, get 3 kills with the Combat Bow Killstreak
- This is now floor loot in-game (and possibly a Buy Station purchase). It's similar to the Combat Bow in Black Ops and this doesn't need to be done in one game.
Once you finish all of these, unlocking all the Calling Cards and Weapon Charms that are on offer, you'll be able to get your hands on this limited-time Weapon Blueprint for the Pelington.
Black Ops-Specific Challenges & Reward
As for Black Ops Cold War, there's going to be another set of 80s Action Heroes challenges for you to complete. These shouldn't be too hard and you'll be getting another limited-time Weapon Blueprint for your troubles.
- Complete 7 matches in MP or Zombies ’80s Action Heroes playlists
- Playing 7 games of Die Hardpoint is going to be a lot quicker than playing 7 games in Cranked 2: No Time To Crank.
- In an ’80s Action Heroes playlist, win MP matches or survive until Round 15 in Zombies a total of 3 times
- Again, winning 3 MP matches in Die Hardpoint is probably less time consuming than reaching Round 15 in Cranked 2: No Time To Crank in Zombies.
- In an ’80s Action Heroes playlist, get a total of 100 eliminations in MP or Slaughter Medals in Zombies
- This one will actually be easier to do in Zombies, but you'll probably get close to doing it while trying to complete the other challenges in Die Hardpoint anyway.
- In MP or Zombies, earn 25 Have a Blast Medals by getting kills with explosives
- This will be a lot easier in Zombies, as it isn't playlist-specific. However, Cranked 2: No Time To Crank does have an emphasis on loot being explosive weapons, to make this even easier.
- In MP or Zombies, earn 25 Become War Medals using automatic weapons
- Using one of the new weapon blueprints to tear up some people on Nuketown 24/7 or 12v12 Moshpit will make this one a breeze.
- In MP or Zombies, earn 25 Light Em Up Medals while using the Death Machine
- This one is going to be a lot easier in Zombies for the simple reason that they don't shoot back. Mostly.
- In MP or Zombies, earn 25 This is Personal Medals while using Melee Weapons
- This is going to be easier in Zombies as, once again, they won't shoot you back for the most part.
- Get 3 kills without dying in MP or earn Jackrabbit Medals in Zombies a total of 10 times
- This might be easier to get on Multiplayer if you play things safely, but it's equally as easy to get in Zombies if that's more your speed.
- In MP or Zombies, earn 10 Chopped Up Medals while using the Tomahawk
- Easier in Zombies, any day of the week, but the theatrics of getting a Tomahawk kill in Multiplayer is exciting.
When you finish all this off, you'll land yourself a DMR-14 Weapon Blueprint alongside the various Calling Cards and Weapon Charms each individual challenge will offer you.