There's plenty of action in AC Valhalla, and a new hotfix update introduces the Sons of Ragnar questline ahead of tomorrow's Title Update.
Here's what the new AC Vahalla Hotfix Update fixes, and what will come in tomorrow's Title Update 1.1.0 instead.
AC Valhalla Hotfix Dec. 14
The new AC Vahalla Hotfix Update fixes issues around the Sons of Ragnar questline, and interactions with Ubba.
While more changes in this direction will come in the AC Valhalla Title Update 1.1.0, this hotfix will fix things up in the meantime!
- Fixed issues with the Sons of Ragnar Questline, and interacting with Ubba.
Players have had some significant issues starting the Sons of Ragnar questline. While some players have been able to sqeak through and get started, others won't be able to until a permanent fix is introduced in AC Valhalla Title Update 1.1.0.
But there is still hope for players who can't start the questline despite the new AC Valhalla Hotfix.
- For players that still can't start this questline, a potential workaround has been discovered.
The following steps are how to try out the AC Valhalla Sons of Ragnar questline workaround before the big Title Update 1.1.0 goes live.
- Create a manual save
- Shutdown the game and relaunch it
- Desynchronizing, reloading a save, or returning to title screen is not enough
- Load the save created above
- Eivor should be able to interact with Ubba and continue the quest
- *Note* To have the quest UI elements appear, you'll need to have pledged for Lincolnscire.
*Note* If you reload the game before interacting with Ubba, to continue the quest, you'll need to shutdown and relaunch the game before being able to interact with Ubba again.
AC Valhalla Title Update 1.1.0
AC Valhalla Title Update 1.1.0 will go live on 15 December!
It'll be a massive patch bringing tons of upgrades and new features to the game.
Here are some of the biggest highlights of the AC Valhalla Update 1.1.0 patch notes:
- Legendary animal trophies will now correctly appear in the Longhouse.
- Tweaked the NPC power level behaviour.
- Added loot-able chests to the Grand Magaester's hideout.
- Addressed an issue where the Crit. Spark rune would not work when slotted into bows.
- Addressed an issue where wrong weapon stats were displayed for specific items.
AC Valhalla Update 1.1.0's file size works out to the following:
- Xbox Series X|S: ~6.3 GB
- Xbox One: ~5.7 GB
- PC: ~5.6 GB
- PS5: ~2.46 GB
- PS4: ~2.4 GB