The wait is finally over! The Genesis Apex Legends event has arrived, and with it comes the return of two fan favorite classic Apex maps.
The Genesis Collection Event is a massive one, so here's everything you need to know!
Latest - Genesis Update Release Time Is Here!
After some hours of updating, it's finally that time! The Apex Legends' Genesis Collection Event went live at 1pm EST on June 29. Those that got a headstart preloading on PlayStation are now slowly being joined by those who had to wait to download the important update.
Look through all the big additions in the Genesis Apex Legends event with the new trailer below:
You Can Preload The Update Now
As you might already know, the next Apex Legends title update is an important one if you're looking to play anything to do with the Genesis Collection Event. Thankfully, it's not quite as large as everyone thought it would be. The "Genesis Update" is going to set you back around 10GB in size. If you're on PlayStation, you should be able to trigger your download now in preparation.
If not, then we know when you should be expecting the next update to drop. Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC players should see the update appear at the following times on June 29th:
- 10:00 PST
- 13:00 EST
- 18:00 BST
As for download time, we should be looking at around 10GB on every platform. It will vary slightly, but nothing major.
New Rewards Track To Complete
It wouldn't be a Collection Event without one of these, would it?
There are 16 rewards in total to earn throughout the Genesis Collection Event as a part of the Genesis Rewards Track. As you can see below, there's a few Weapon Charms, a Charge Rifle Skin, an EVA-8 Skin, and a Wattson Legend Skin.
You'll be able to earn up to 1,600 points towards the Reward Track every day with event challenges refreshing every 24 hours. This might take you a little while, but if you're planning to play a lot anyway then you should be able to complete the Reward Track without any issues.
Genesis Collection Legend Skins
The Wattson Legend Skin isn't the only cosmetic to be added to the game with the Genesis Collection Event. There's a whole host of other skins that are on the way.
As you can see below, the following skins are going to be available in the Apex Legends in-game Store for the duration of the Genesis Collection Event:
- Caustic - Gasbuster
- Crypto - Inconspicuous
- Loba - Petty Thief
- Octane - XL-R8
- Pathfinder - Plastic Fantastic
- Wattson - The Warrior Empress
This isn't all though, there's also a few more for the following Legends that you'll be able to unlock via Apex Packs:
Legacy Map Apex Takeover?
Kings Canyon AND World's Edge are coming back? Respawn Entertainment really knows how to treat us right!
For the duration of the event, Season 0's Kings Canyon and Season 3's World's Edge are going to be featured in a Playlist Takeover for Standard Duos and Standard Trios. Skull Town is also going to be added to the Arenas map rotation during this time. Both will be on a one-hour rotation in their relevant playlists. This should mean you'll be able to play them an ample amount.
" Hot drop in Kings Canyon at Skull Town (we know you will) and Thunderdome! Grab that sweet loot on the moving train as it barrels through a pristine Capital City in the era before the Harvester landed in World’s Edge. Show your new Apex friends the terror of rotating through Bridges or the epic multi-team throwdowns in Fuel Depot. It’s all coming back now, isn’t it?"
All of these map changes are only available for a limited time, though, so be sure to jump in when you can.
Legend Balancing Changes & More
The new content is all well and good, but there's a lot going on behind the scenes too! Below, we've listed some of the Legend Balancing changes and Arenas mode changes that have been detailed in the latest Apex Legends Patch Notes...
Legend Balance Updates
- Launch Pad cooldown increased from 60 seconds to 90 seconds
- Slightly slimmed down hitbox (specifically his midsection, arms, and upper legs).
- Stalker climb height significantly increased. It's not literally unlimited now, but... that boy can really climb.
- Silence duration decreased from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Reduced the duration of death protection by 5 seconds while using the Death Totem
- Increased hitbox size, mostly in the legs and waist.
- Eye of the Allfather scan revealed time decreased from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Beast of the Hunt duration decreased from 35 seconds to 30 seconds. Time can still be added by downing enemies.
- Major Buff: Wattson can now place more than one Nessie on the map at a time with her Epic emote.
- Weapon Prices
- P2020 Lvl 1 Upgrade: 50 -> 25
- P2020 Lvl 2 Upgrade: 125 -> 75
- P2020 Lvl 3 Upgrade: 200 -> 150
- RE45: 250 -> 200
- EVA: 250 -> 300
- Mastiff: 500 -> 400
- R99: 550 -> 500
- Volt: 500 -> 550
- Spitfire: 550 -> 600
- L-Star: 400 -> 500
- R301 Lvl 2 Upgrade: 300 -> 350
- G7 Scout: 350 -> 400
- G7 Scout Lvl 3 Upgrade: 250 -> 200
- 30-30: 350 -> 400
- 30-30 Lvl 3 Upgrade: 250 -> 200
- Utility Prices
- Arc Star: 100 -> 125
- Gold Backpack: 250 -> 300
- Legend Ability Prices
- Crypto EMP: 600 -> 500
- Crypto Drone: 100 -> 50
- Revenant Death Totem: 600 -> 500
- Lifeline DOC Drone 50 -> 75
- Fuse Knuckle Cluster 150 -> 75
- Bloodhound Ult 350 -> 450
- Legend Ability Adjustments
- Pathfinder’s Grapple starting charges reduced to 2 charges from 3.
- Pathfinder’s Zipline round cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Rampart’s Sheila round cooldown reduced from every 3 rounds to every other round.
- Wattson’s Interception Pylon round cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Octane’s Launch Pad cooldown increased from every round to every other round.
- Octane’s Stim starting charges reduced to 2 charges from 3.
- Added a scoreboard to the map screen.
- You can now report players by pressing [SPACE / Y] in the map screen
- From Round 3 and onward, you’ll now start with a shield battery in addition to 2 syringes and 2 shield cells.
- Care packages will also land 5s earlier to make the contained weapons a more viable option before the round closes out.
- 6x scope moved from base sniper weapons to Lvl 1 upgrade.
- Party Crasher
- Adjusted circle logic to favour downtown a bit more.
- Simplified the minimap’s visual language.
- Phase Runner
- Raised cover height on certain props throughout the map to prevent unfair advantages to large rig Legends.
- Added a few trees to reduce the ease of spawn sniping (looking at you, Reptar…).
- Arenas Bug Fixes
- The UI for Purple devotion now shows the attached turbocharger.
- Players will no longer be chosen as Jump Masters during the legend select screen.
- Updated the sniper stock to show an empty slot when needed.
- Can no longer get stuck in the crouch position after dying while reviving a teammate during a round in Arenas.