We are just days away from the start of Apex Legends Season 8!
Along the way we've gotten some awesome trailers, and a set of early patch notes - but what about the skins arriving this season?
Latest News - Season 8 Patch Notes Revealed
The Apex Legends Season 8 patch notes are here, and they're massive!
Check out the full patch notes below:
NEW LEGEND: FUSE
Meet Fuse: a mercenary-turned-cage fighter who never turns down a good dust-up. His affinity for explosions allows him to carry extra grenades and to throw them faster and further. He can launch a cluster bomb with airburst explosives. And when it’s time to really bring the boom, Fuse uses “Wally” to launch a bombardment that encircles an area in a ring of flames.
Passive - Grenadier
Stack an extra grenade per inventory slot. Fire grenades farther, faster, and more accurately.
Tactical - Knuckle Cluster
Launch a cluster bomb that continuously expels airburst explosives on impact.
Ultimate - The Motherlode
Launch a bombardment that encircles a target area in a wall of flames.
NEW WEAPON: 30-30 REPEATER
This heavy ammo lever-action repeater boasts hard-hitting rounds that’ll nail a fleeing Mirage at 200 paces.
The 30-30 is the benchmark for reliability, designed to withstand whipping sandstorms and temporal instability, which made it an obvious choice for the Apex Games.
DISCIPLINED TRIGGER FINGER
The 30-30 Repeater requires the user to rechamber their rounds between shots which brings a methodic rhythm to the rifle, an analogue elegance that the modern weapons of the Outlands just can’t quite capture.
To further tempt those itchy trigger fingers, the 30-30 Repeater has a built-in charge giving players an opportunity to deal increased damage with each shot at the cost of a short build-up.
The 30-30 reloads one round at a time, which makes for some very interesting resource management you won’t find anywhere else, even on the Mastiff.
The 30-30’s engagement range allows unique opportunities to reload individual rounds between shots. This gives the Repeater the ability to lay down consistent precision ranged pressure, something weapons with full reloads can sometimes struggle with.
KINGS CANYON MAP UPDATE
Season 8 once again sees changes to Kings Canyon. The main new point of interest shows the devastation from the ship crashing into the map. Players can now explore beyond Artillery, Spotted Lakes takes over the Slums and some new observation towers for basic recon or a sniper’s nest. Read more on the map changes in the map blog here.
Season 8 introduces the Gold-tier magazines. Attaching it to a weapon automatically reloads your stowed weapons after a brief delay. The Gold magazine has the same capacity as Purple mags, and is available for Light, Heavy, Snipers, and Energy Weapons.
QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES
- We have now added a damage counter to the HUD. This was a highly requested feature, so we’re excited to allow people easier tracking for chasing those badges and challenges!
- Pinging weapons or ammo in your inventory displays your current ammo count along with "player wants ammo" in quick chat.
Color Blind update
- Healing and reviving will now follow colorblind rules when colorblind settings are enabled
Lore Blurbs on Canon Skins
- Some of our skins are canon, and some are just for fun. For the skins that represent an important part of that character's backstory, we've added a small blurb to describe the significance of that skin in the Legend's life.
- Hitbox adjustments.
- Sheila angle increase from 120° to 180°
- Wall health in build phase increased from 1hp to 45hp (sniper rounds still pierce through)
- Gravity Lift effective cooldown increased from 21s to 25s. The 15s cooldown timer will now start when the Gravity Lift disappears.
- Launch Pad Remastered: Many players may have known about Octane’s “super-jump” that was possible with a well-timed jump while hitting the pad. Once the double-jump option was introduced, there was an input clash that led to unreliable usage. We decided to add some launch options that are better defined than the old super-jump.
- Hitting the jump pad from a standing position will launch players along a high arc (the speed and trajectory of the old super-jump).
- From a crouched position, players will launch along a low arc, meaning they’ll fly lower but farther in the horizontal direction.
- Remove ability to stick arc stars to friendly drones.
- Loot inside unopened care packages is now visible with Eye for Quality and accessible through the Black Market Boutique.
- All gas now dissipates as soon as Caustic’s team is eliminated.
- Mirage decoys create footstep sounds.
Fully Kitted Rotation
- Removed: Wingman, Sentinel, Havoc, G7, Alternator
- Added: R-301, 30-30 Repeater, Mozambique, Longbow DMR, Spitfire
- We are removing the Gold Barrel from the loot pool
- The Double Tap hop up will be removed from the loot pool
- The Anvil Rounds hop up will be added into the loot pool
- Bullet damage decreased from 16 to 15
- Bullet damage increased from 15 to 16
- Bullet damage increased from 18 to 19
- Reload speed increased from 2.8 seconds to 3.2
- Empty Reload speed increased from 3.33 seconds to 3.8
- Fire rate increased from 2.0 to 2.1
- Sonar abilities no longer stop Caustic’s highlight vision.
- Fixed a few exploitable areas on Kings Canyon that Loba was able to reach via her Bracelet.
- Jumpads in Octane’s town takeover no longer allow Rampart to place Sheila on them.
- Fixed an issue with Rampart's passive persisting even after changing characters in Firing Range
- Fixed an issue causing the Havoc to have 100% accuracy when hip-fired through Rampart’s Amped Cover.
- Fixed a POV issue that occurred when using Horizon’s abilities, then immediately going into ADS with a Peacekeeper.
- Re-enabled ability to invite friends to club from friends list
- Fixed an issue causing some users who have opted out of "Last Squad Invites" to not appear in club event timelines when placing in the top 5 of a match
- Failing to connect to the club database no longer leads to a misleading "Kicked from club" message
- Players will no longer be kicked from clubs when switching to another profile on Xbox.
- Fixed an issue with crowds not cheering in Pathfinder’s Town takeover.
- Fixed an issue preventing some heirlooms from appearing in the heirloom shop.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Thermites to deal damage through certain walls on Olympus.
To celebrate the 2 year anniversary of Apex Legends, which also coincides with the start of Season 8, there will be a Celebration Event.
Usually, with each Celebration Event, a new Heirloom is released, giving players the opportunity to grab some new rare items.
This time it seems that players may be granted 150 Heirloom Shards to get a free Heirloom that is already in the game.
READ MORE: Apex Legends Heirlooms Guide
According to data miner Shrugtal, to celebrate the anniversary of Apex Legends, there will be a lot of new skins and items to unlock and purchase, but they will mainly be recolours of current skins, rather than brand new cosmetic items.
Apex Legends Season 8 Gameplay Trailer Launches
Our first looks at Apex Legends Season 8 in action comes from the brand new Gameplay Trailer.
It features gameplay footage of Fuse, and is a huge hype boost all around!
You can watch the new Apex Season 8 Gameplay Trailer below:
Season 8 skins
We know that legendary skins, as well as Apex Packs and Holo-Sprays will be part of the Season 8 Mayhem Battle Pass.
There's nothing concrete as to what the skins will be, but we have seen a leak emerge on the ApexUncovered subreddit.
The locked legend Caustic looks to have received a new skin, which is set to be a Twitch Prime perk.
Watch this space for any more skins that will appear.
To get an idea of what we could see in Season 8, here's what arrived as part of the Season 7 battle pass.
LVL 1 - Polished Perfection (Legendary Prowler)
LVL 1 - Copper Constellation (Rare Horizon)
LVL 1 - Teal Torment (Rare Revenant)
LVL 1 - Polished (Rare Bloodhound)
LVL 25 - High Class (Legendary Wrath)
LVL 50 - Fast Fashion (Legendary Octane)
LVL 99 - Forward Thinker (Epic Longbow)
LVL 100 - Cutting Edge (Legendary R-99)
LVL 110 - Revolutionary (Legendary R-99)
We also know new weapons will arrive in Apex Legends Season 8, with the 30-30 repeater the headline act.
A new legend is on the way in the form of Fuse, complete with his Airburst Grenade tactial ability, and you can see him take centre stage in the Season 8 launch trailer:
As you could probably tell in the trailer, the map Kings Canyon will have a very different look following a huge explosion.
As for Season 8's official patch notes, expect them to arrive closer to launch.
Perhaps the biggest news of all is that Season 8 could be the debut season on Nintendo Switch.
Various stores around the world are now showing Apex to available to buy on Switch - so expect official confirmation to come from EA & Respawn very soon!
No Fill Coming In Season 8
Apex Legends is a team-based game.
There has been a Solo mode in the game, but only briefly, leaving team-based modes as the only option if players want to jump into Apex.
Back in November 2020 during as Reddit AMA, Apex Design Director Jason McCord confirmed it was being tested and worked and that it would be coming in Season 8.
However, it won't be available at launch, and will instead be implemented later on.