Respawn Entertainment's next major Apex Legends update is on the way and we can't wait to get stuck into everything that's coming - including that tasty Wattson rework! However, there's speculation that Season 11's launch will suffer the same launch issues as Season 10's launch earlier this year. Here's what Respawn Entertainment have had to say about that...
SERVERS - Will they hold out for the launch?
AlphaIntel has recently shared a statement from Respawn Entertainment on the servers and what they're doing to remedy the issues faced over the last few months. As you can imagine, it isn't anything surprising but it should eventually lead to a smooth seasonal launch...
We're just not sure Season 11 is going to be it. Check out the statement below:
" We've been doubling down on our efforts to resolve the connection issues and intermittent lag that some players may experience at different times and regions around the world.
" We've been expanding our dedicated server teams at Respawn, creating new ways for us to see, predict, and respond to potential bandwidth issues, and implementing new ways that we can make the back end of a technically massive live game like Apex require less bandwidth.
" We hear you, and the community, and we're working tirelessly to resolve these server issues."
Wattson changes are on the way...
Wattson is getting a buff - in a way - in Season 11's update. There's going to be a major rework of how her Pylons work - both those used in her Tactical Ability and Ultimate Ability. However, she's also getting a larger hitbox... It's certainly a positive change, on the whole, but it'll be interesting to see how much it affects her win percentages and how she plays in general.
Here are all the Wattson-related Patch Notes you need to know about before Season 11 starts later today.
- Improved the reliability and responsiveness of placing Wattson's Tactical and Ultimate in-world objects.
- Wattson can place her Tactical and Ultimate objects on valid surfaces above Wattson's eye level (to a reasonable extent).
- General hitbox size increase, to compensate for the removal of low profile in the Legacy update.
- Tactical: Perimeter Defense
- Increased damage on crossing a Fence by 33%. (15 to 20)
- Increased debuff duration on crossing a Fence by 100%. (1.5 to 3 seconds)
- Increased the time allowance to be hit again by a subsequent Fence effect by 100%. (0.5 to 1 second).
- Decreased recharge time by 50% (30 to 15 seconds).
- Increased placement range by 50%.
- Decreased the delay between Fences shutting off and reactivating after an ally passes through them by 60%. (1.0 -> 0.4 seconds)
- Wattson now moves at Unarmed-speed while readying/placing Fence nodes.
- Fence nodes can now be placed as soon as the weapon is readied, instead of waiting for the animation to finish.
- Ultimate - Interception Pylon
- The Pylon output has been significantly reworked.
- Reduced the number of active Pylons Wattson can place from 3 to 1.
- The Pylon now lasts forever (instead of timing out after 90 seconds).
- The Pylon now has a pool of 250 Shields that can be distributed to nearby players, instead of effectively infinite Shields.
- Increased the Pylon shield recharge rate by 150%, and smoothed regen rate. (2/second -> 5/second, or more accurately: 1/0.5 seconds -> 1/0.2 seconds)
- When a Pylon is out of Shields, it no longer recharges players' Shields, but can still zap incoming ordnance.
- Taking damage while regenerating Shields via the Pylon delays continued regeneration by 1 second.
- The UI on the ground and HUD elements now displays the amount of Shields that remain in the Pylon.
- Pinging a friendly Pylon will now display the percentage of Shields remaining in the Pylon.
- Pylon ordnance-zapping has been moderately reworked.
- Ordnance is now zapped when the Pylon detects that it would hit any surface within range and line of sight of the Pylon, instead of being zapped as soon as it comes within range.
- As a part of the changes, current issues where the Pylon doesn't reliably zap ordnance (particularly concerning airstrike abilities, and ordnance that bounced off surfaces near the Pylon) should now be addressed.
START DATE - When does Season 11 begin?
Apex Legends' next season of content is due to start on November 2nd. At the moment, we don't know the specific time for this update - however, previous seasons would suggest the content will go live at the following times:
- 10:00 November 2nd PST
- 13:00 November 2nd EST
- 17:00 November 2nd GMT
We should see a Battle Pass trailer for Season 11 drop later today, too. This might clear things up. At the moment, we just have these images of the new skins that are coming...
GAMEPLAY - This should clear up some details...
If you want to check out Season 11 ahead of the next update, now you can! There's going to be a new map that's unlike anything we've ever seen before - but there's more to it than meets the eye. Strange Wildlife will terrorise any Legends who venture out into this island and there's going to be a lot to look out for.
You can check it all out below:
In addition to this, we have confirmation of Ash's ability set. They are as follows:
- Passive Ability
- Marked For Death
- Ash's map shows the location of recent "deathboxes". Press on a "deathbox" to mark remaining attackers (once per box);
- Marked For Death
- Tactical Ability
- Arc Snare
- Throw a spinning snare that damaged and tethers the first enemy that gets too close;
- Arc Snare
- Ultimate Ability
- Phase Breach
- Tear open a one-way portal to a targeted location;
- Phase Breach
Respawn Entertainment should release a full set of Patch Notes in the next few days.
CINEMATIC - It's time to Escape to the sea...
Apex Legends' Season 11 update is going to drop on November 2nd - you can see this date confirmed at the end of the Season 11 launch trailer below.
The trailer offers us a fantastic insight into Ash's Legend abilities and her place in the developing narrative. Apex Legends also looks like they have a new animation team, so hopefully, we'll see more cinematics in the months to come.
What do we know about the new season so far?
At the moment, we only know a handful of details. Season 11 is going to introduce a new Ranked Season to both Apex Legends' Arenas and BR. We're also going to get a new Battle Pass - don't expect anything too surprising here.
Ash has been confirmed as the new playable Legend, however. We don't know about her abilities yet, but she's here to make her mark on the Apex Games.
In addition to this, there's going to be a new weapon to choose from in Apex Legends following the Season 11 update. The CAR SMG, which some of you will recognise from Titanfall 2, is going to be joining the arsenal. Expect this to become a popular choice.
We should learn about everything else that's on the way - which we're hoping is a new map - when the launch trailer drops and in the days leading up to Season 11's launch.