Apex Legends' next season is finally here and we've got a fresh look at all the new changes arriving as part of Season 10. We know a lot about the new content - Seer, the Rampage LMG, the World's Edge map changes - but what about the rest of it? Here's everything we know.
UPDATE - Full Patch Notes Revealed
Quality of Life Updates
- Added a new badge: Win Streak. Can you get 2, 3, 4, or 5 wins in a row?
- Added a “Hold On” response to enemy pings.
- Added distinct sound effects to the Gold Backpack’s revive. VFX were added in the Chaos Theory update. This gives additional feedback when players are close to but not in line of sight of revives.
- Updated the Heirloom store to give players a better view of all the items related to that item.
- Updated Open Pack Button to show how many packs of each type are available to open. Highlighting the button shows a complete breakdown.
Legend Meta Changes
- Enemies caught inside the ring of fire from Fuse's Motherlode ultimate are now revealed to Fuse's team;
- Knuckle Cluster Tactical explosion duration increased by 100%;
- Grenadier Passive can be toggled on and off to throw ordnance normally;
- Reduced the slow after the initial Black Hole pull;
- Bumped Horizon gravity lift-up speed to a happy medium between 9.1 and Legacy update launch values;
- here’s now a visual and audio cue when Death Totem protection is about to end which can be seen/heard by other players;
- Added a brief slow after being recalled to Death Totem;
- Gas damage starts at 5, increases by 1 every other tick indefinitely;
- Cooldown on Tactical has been reduced 25s -> 20s;
- Ultimate cooldown has been reduced 3.5m -> 3m. Duration reduced from 20s -> 15s;
Weapon Meta Changes
- Care Package Rotation
- Prowler returns to Floor Loot; M600 Spitfire and Alternator SMG join Supply Drop
- Hop Ups
- Boosted Loader - Reloading near empty (but not at 0) increases reload speed and overloads the next magazine with extra rounds. This hop up will be equipable to the Hemlok Burst AR and the Wingman;
- To make room, the Anvil Receiver and Quickdraw Holster are being vaulted for now;
- Fully Kitted Rotation
- Added: Peacekeeper, Rampage, RE-45, Flatline, and Charge Rifle;
- Removed: Wingman, Bocek, R99, Hemlock, and Sentinel;
- Magazine Attachments
- Reload speed increase associated with magazines has been moved to the equivalent stock rarity tier;
- Stock Attachments
- All stocks now offer increased reload speed (instead of magazines);
- Marksman Weapons (30-30 Repeater, G7 Scout, Triple-Take) now take Sniper Stocks instead of Tactical Stocks;
- Sniper Stocks on Marksman weapons will offer increased stability and sway reduction with slightly reduced handling bonuses (from tactical stocks);
- Now takes Energy Magazines—Mags on the L-STAR work differently than other weapons because of their unique interaction with ammo. Instead, they will allow the L-STAR to fire more shots before it overheats and allow it to cool off its heat build-up slightly faster;
- Now take Barrels for recoil reduction;
- Projectile VFX scale reduced by roughly half;
- First-Person on-hit impact effect intensity reduced;
- Hipfire spread increased;
- Light Machine Guns
- Reduced the headshot multiplier for all LMGs from 2.0 to 1.75;
- Increased the limbshot multiplier for all LMGs from 0.75 to 0.85;
- Reduced handling time for all pistols by ~10%;
- Raise, Holster, Zoom In/Out time;
- Prowler Burst PDW
- Time Between Burst increased from 0.2 to .24;
- M600 Spitfire
- Damage increased from 18 to 19;
- Hip Fire Spread back to season 8 pre-nerf values;
- Purple Mag Size increased from 50 to 55;
- Reintroducing the Disruptor Rounds which come equipped on a Supply Drop Alternator;
- Disruptor Rounds - Increase shield damage by 40%;
- Disruptor Rounds can ONLY be found on Alternators from the Supply Drop;
- 30-30 Repeater
- Reload speed from stocks is increased;
- Significantly reduced bolt fire-rate scaling for each rarity tier;
- Base fire-rate remains unchanged;
- Arenas Price Changes
- Lvl 1: 100 -> 150
- Lvl 2: 200 -> 250
- Lvl 3: 300 -> 350
- 30-30 Repeater
- Lvl 1: 200 -> 150
- Bocek Bow
- Base: 600 -> 500
- Charge Rifle
- Base: 700 -> 600
- Lvl 1: 250 -> 200
- Lvl 2: 300 -> 200
- Lvl 3: 400 -> 450
- Base: 300 -> 350
- Base: 400 -> 350
- Base: 500 -> 350
- Knuckle Cluster: 75 -> 100
- Ability Adjustments
- Horizon's Gravity Lift starting charges reduced from 2 to 1
- Mirage's Psyche Out starting charges reduced from 3 to 2
- Bloodhound's free scans while in Beast of the Hunt reduced from 3 to 2
There are also a number of Bug Fixes which you can look at here on the official Patch Notes post from Respawn Entertainment.
Controversial Disruptor Rounds return
We know this isn't what people want to see, but the controversial Disruptor Rounds for the Alternator are coming back in Apex Legends Season 10.
The Alternator and the Spitfire LMG are both being added to Apex Legends' Care Package rotation next season and this means they're going to be fully decked out when you find them.
The Alternator is getting Disruptor Rounds back, as part of this, and this means you'll need to keep an eye out for anyone using one. They offer an increased damage multiplier against shields and, as alphaINTEL has shared, can be used to devastating effect.
Seer Ability Overview Trailer Released
We have more clarity on Seer's abilities and how they will work after Apex released a brand new Abilities Overview Trailer.
This trailer gives you a better look at how Seer's abilities work in various situations and we can now envision exactly how we'll use the character in-game upon their release.
Seer Legend Abilities Revealed
Looking at the confirmed Legend Abilities for Seer, it's safe to say that he is going to cause a lot of trouble. He can interrupt Legend Abilities and reveal enemies and effectively shut down entire areas of the map. If used effectively, this could make Seer an incredible attacking force. Here's what we know about his abilities...
- Tactical Ability
- Focus of Attention
- Seer summons his micro-drones to emit a delayed blast that goes through walls interrupting and revealing enemies.
- Focus of Attention
- Passive Ability
- Heart Seeker
- Hear and visualize the heartbeats of nearby enemies when aiming down sights.
- Heart Seeker
- Ultimate Ability
- Creates a sphere of micro-drones that reveal the location of enemies moving quickly or firing their weapons within.