An official blog post on the Apex website detailed some of the information about the event.
Also, as Halloween is a great time for new content within many games, this year is no different for the Apex community.
Additionally, there are new Halloween-themed skins, limited-time game modes, the return of Shadow Royale, and more.
So, let's take a look at all of the events happening this spooky season in the Fight or Fright even for Apex Legends.
Don't Miss: Discover Razer's Ultimate Gaming Laptops Now
Apex Legends Fight or Fright release date
This year's Halloween event in Apex Legends is called Fight or Fright.
It has now officially been announced that this event will begin on October 4 and end four weeks later on November 1 2022.
However, the Shadow Royale game mode will only be available for one week. From October 4 2022 to October 11 2022.
Shadow Royale makes a comeback in Apex Legends
Shadow Royale is making a return this spooky season in Apex Legends.
The game mode works where a killed Legend can return in a shadow form to seek vengeance. Other shadows also spawn until all of the shadowless Legends are killed.
However, this time Shadow Royale will make its way to a brand new map titled Olympus after Dark.
Limited-time Apex modes
The schedule for all of the limited-time modes was also officially released by Respawn.
So, here is the full schedule...
- October 4th to October 11th
- Shadow Royale on Olympus After Dark map
- October 11th to October 18th
- Gun Run on Estates After Dark, Skulltown, and Fragment East
- October 18th to October 25th
- Control on Lava Siphon, Barometer, and Labs After Dark
- October 25th to November 1st
- Shadow Royale on Olympus After Dark
Control mode updates
Additionally, some updates for control mode will also be released alongside this spooky Halloween content.
- NEW Timed Event: MRB Timed Event ( Get the MRB and deploy it to create a temporary spawn point for your team).
- Updated Timed Event order to have the Bonus Capture event be the 3rd event to trigger, it now also rewards twice as many scores as before ( old: 100 scores, new: 200 scores).
- Can now Ping Zones from the Spawn Screen.
- For Controller Players; automatically place the cursor on the best spawn point when they get put into the Spawn Screen.
- Players automatically pick up ordnance if they walk near it.
- Players can now emote on the Intro Podium screen.
- The Hammond Labs map now takes place on Olympus After Dark.
- Updates to Weapon Loadouts ( loadout compositions).
- Updates to weapons in Weapon Loadouts to have the same attachments available to them at the same tiers as BR ( except for scopes).
- In the spirit of Olympus After Dark; weapons that support Threat Scopes/Sights have them as an option in the optic selection menu in the Loadout Selection Menu.
- Disabled pings for healing items.
- Updates to spawn logic that should fix some rare spawn issues ( like being taken to the Spawn Screen with no points to select).
- Spawn system tuning to further try to prevent issues where players spawn in sight of enemies or, too close to enemies.
Fight or Fright sale
As with every Apex event, players will find a sale in their stores of some older skin lines from the game.
From October 4 to November 1, players will also be able to check out the brand new spooky skins in the Apex store.
However, two favourite skins will also be returning to the store within that limited time. These are Voidwalker and Memoir Noir.