Apex Legends' next title update is hours away and we have everything you need to know about Update 1.80 and the Patch Notes associated with it right here. There's a Rampart Rework coming that you won't want to miss out on.
UPDATE TIME - When does it drop?
A handful of people are reporting that they can pre-load the next Apex Legends title update, but we're expecting the 1.80 Update to be fully released alongside the start of the Evolution Collection Event at the following times:
- 10:00 PST
- 13:00 EST
- 18:00 BST
The Evolution Collection Event is going to introduce a batch of new Legend skins to Apex Legends alongside a Rampart Town Takeover - which is going to be near the Lava City POI - and a Reward Tracker for Apex Legends players to complete for free cosmetic items.
Apex Legends Update 1.80 Patch Notes - Legend Changes
Rampart is the Legend undergoing the most changes in this update, however... Octane is getting a minor nerf that Octane Mains will notice immediately.
- Sheila has gone mobile!
- Rampart will now be able to run around with Sheila out and shoot while walking. The spin-up is longer, and she only gets 1 magazine in this mode.
- Once Sheila is out, you can put it away and pull it back out until you run out of ammo (or hit the cooldown time).
- At any point, you can still place Sheila down for your teammates to use. Once placed, it has infinite reloads and acts just like the previous version. You cannot pick it back up.
- VFX (similar to the pulse on Loba ult placement) was added to increase visibility for when a totem is placed nearby.
- Reduced jump pad horizontal distance by 10% - 15%.
- Reduced the rate of Octane’s Stim regen from 1.5 to 1.0 hp/sec.
- When Bloodhound pings a clue from their passive, it will now show their teammates in quick chat how long ago the event took place.
WEAPON CHANGES - Shatter Caps buff incoming...
The Hemlok is getting a buff alongside the Shatter Caps Hop-Up. If you're a fan of the L-STAR, you'll be pleased to know that its Arenas Upgrade Price is going down - however, the base price of the weapon is increasing.
Bocek Compound Bow
- Draw speed slightly reduced from 0.56 to 0.54
- Arrows per brick increased from 14 to 16
- Arrows per inventory stack increased from 28 to 32
- Reduced hipfire spread
- Hipfire resets slightly faster
Shatter Caps - Bocek Compound Bow
- Damage per pellet increased across all draw strengths
- Short draw damage: 4 to 6
- Medium draw: 7 to 9
- Full draw: 11 to 12
Shatter Caps - 30-30 Repeater
- ADS Strafe speed increased to shotgun strafe speed while Shatter Caps are enabled
- Charged pellet damage multiplier increased from 35% to 50%
- Cool-off time slightly increased
- Overheat lens replacement time slightly increased
- Rounds before overheat reduced at base level and all Energy Magazine tiers
- Base: 22 to 20
- White: 24 to 22
- Blue: 26 to 24
- Purple/Gold: 28 to 26
- Arenas price adjustments:
- Base: 500 to 600
- Blue: 300 to 250
- Purple: 400 to 350
- EVA-8 and Mozambique headshot damage multiplier reduced from 1.5 to 1.25 bringing it in line with the Peacekeeper and Mastiff.
- ADS charge time decreased from 1.0 to 0.8
QUALITY OF LIFE - New UI changes included!
The Out of Bounds timer is being cut in half - however, there are changes to the way you equip Evo Shields and you can now see Evo Shield health in Death Boxes. Not the worst trade-off...
- Shortened the out-of-bounds timer from 30 seconds to 15.
- Your timer should be reset after being respawned.
- Swapping from Red to a Gold Shield with more health no longer requires a long press.
- Evo Shields in death boxes now show their health.
- Early Leaver Warning has been improved to help people from accidentally leaving before their party is dead.
- You now need to hold the confirm button down for a small amount of time
- The highlighting is different coloured than other prompts to catch your attention
- Red text warning showing your leaving penalty added
- Added character portraits to the "detected" widget for recon characters.
BUG FIXES - What else is changing?
- Fixed a bug where Streamer mode wouldn’t anonymize the names on the scoreboard in Arenas mode
- Fixed issue for when players would randomly get un-readied while matchmaking in Ranked.
- Fix for Ranked Arenas: longest win streak number was incorrect for some players when viewed in the Stats screen.
- Fixed cases where players would still see Ranked icons when switching over to Arenas while inspecting personal stats.
- Fix for cases where the player would still see the Abandon Penalty countdown when getting other messages like RECEIVED PREMIUM CURRENCY.
- Removed the red speaker icon that would show up on the upper right corner of the screen that served no purpose.
- Fix for when the Playlist Selector would sometimes flicker.
- Players should no longer encounter a string issue in the Timeline when they have a ";" in their username.
- Fixed cases where the name of killed players was not always showing up when a player died.
- Fixed a rare bug that can cause the Observer to get stuck on the Intro Screen at the start of a match.
- Motherload ultimate will no longer highlight enemies far below the ring.
- Increased the hitbox for Exhibit Ultimate to better match the model.
- Loba can no longer glitch into Skyhook when using her tactical.
- Fix cases for when Loba’s ultimate visualfx do not appear while aiming down sites.
- Fixed bug that could get players stuck under the map after dismounting from Ramparts Turret on a Trident.
- Fix for the times when pinging a Prowler would trigger a voice line that mentions a removed hop-up.
- Switch Only - Fix for cases where players couldn’t complete training due to her Ultimate malfunctioning,
- Fix for cases where it appeared that Gibraltar's Ultimate caused dropped audio.
- Fixed a bug where Wattson would start matches with 30 fences.
- Fixed an exploit where players could get continuous missiles after exploiting Valkyrie's passive/tactical as well as use the Vtol jets infinitely.
- Fix for when players would still see "Amped" or "Revved up" from Sentinel or Rampage after swapping weapons.
- Fix for reactive skins, “Precision Calibur” and “Attention to Detail” where part of the skins appeared stuck in place when shooting.
- Various fixes on World’s Edge cleaning up some bad collisions, exploitable hiding spots, and areas where players could get stuck.
- Fix for the mysterious fire show that could appear in Firing Range and cause a crash.
- Fix for cases where players were able to reach farther than intended when punching an enemy player.
- Private Match Fix - Observers should no longer get stuck on the intro screen for the duration of the match.
- Fix for Audio fluttering that could happen when killing someone during self-revive.
- Various fixes to improve overall game stability.
- (PC only) You’ll no longer be able to bind forward movement to the Mouse wheel on PC. This previously enabled an exaggerated movement tech known as "Tap Strafing. See the dev note below for more context.
The Apex Legends Update 1.80 goes live later today, so keep an eye out for it.