It's almost that time of year! The Overwatch 2021 Archives Event is nearly here and we're talking about the skins.
Every seasonal event in Overwatch comes with a new batch of themed skins and 2021's Archives Event isn't going to be any different!
As a lore-based event, Archives takes a look back at the character's backgrounds and their individual stories to give us meaningful outfits that fit much-more into the overall narrative than other events.
Below, we've got everything you need to know about the upcoming batch of skins and what's coming back.
This is what we're all here for, right?
Each new edition of a seasonal Overwatch event comes with a new batch of themed skins. That much we know.
Also, looking at the recent seasonal events, we should expect to see some Weekly Challenges like we did last year.
If we look at the numbers, then, we should see between four and six new skins in Loot Box drops and then three more as Weekly Challenge rewards.
Currently, we have no word on what is coming. These skins might be leaked prior to the event, but are also teased in the build-up to launch on Overwatch's Twitter account.
Alongside the addition of a new batch of skins, Overwatch also brings all the old skins back during their limited-time events.
They can be unlocked via coins in the Hero Gallery, or in the event-themed Loot Boxes which replace the default Loot Boxes for the duration.
READ MORE: All Lunar New Year Skins, New And Returning
Below, we've listed all the returning skins and their prices. If there's any you want, now's the chance to save up the coins for them!
2017 Archives Event Skins
- Lieutenant Wilhelm, Reinhardt Epic - 250 Coins
- Null Sector, Bastion Epic - 250 Coins
- Blackwatch, Genji Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Blackwatch, McCree Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Combat Medic Ziegler, Mercy Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Null Sector, Orisa Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Chief Engineer Lindholm, Torbjorn Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Ironclad, Torbjorn Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Cadet Oxton, Tracer Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Talon, Widowmaker Legendary - 1000 Coins
2018 Archives Event Skins
- Talon, Doomfist Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Scion, Hanzo Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Equalizer, Lucio Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Pajamei, Mei Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Soldier: 24, Reaper Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Talon, Sombra Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Specimen 28, Winston Legendary - 1000 Coins
2019 Archives Event Skins
- Circus, Junkrat Epic - 250 Coins
- High Roller, Wrecking Ball Epic - 250 Coins
- Racer, Zarya Epic - 250 Coins
- Socialite, Ashe Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Talon, Baptiste Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Gwinshin, Bastion Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Deadlock, McCree Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Scientist, Moira Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Formal: 76, Soldier: 76 Legendary - 1000 Coins
2020 Archives Event Skins
Unlike previous events, three of the skins below were available through weekly challenges. There is no word as to whether they will return as a purchasable skin, or not in the next event.
- Aviator, Pharah Legendary - 1000 Coins
- King Jamison, Junkrat Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Militia, Roadhog Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Sniper, Ana Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Workout, Zarya Legendary - 1000 Coins
- Holi, Symmetra Weekly Reward Skin
- Rustclad, Torbjorn Weekly Reward Skin
- Snowbear, Mei Weekly Reward Skin
All returning event skins are priced at 1000 Coins for a Legendary, so sometimes the wait can pay off!
For more information, keep an eye on the Official Overwatch Archives Event page from Blizzard.
The Overwatch Twitter Account is also a fantastic place to look for more information in the build-up to the event.