If you're wondering how you can play Among Us on a Mac, look no further! Here's everything you could need to know.
Among Us, despite its 2018 release date, has become one of the most popular party games of the last year.
Its' popularity has been helped along by prominent Streamers and Influencers, but it's hard to deny that it isn't incredibly addictive.
With everyone wanting to get in on the action, you might be wondering how to play this game on Mac... Here's how.
Firstly, Among Us' mobile availability means that it can be played via an Android Emulator.
As you might already know, an Android Emulator essentially replicates an Android device on your Mac. This means you can run Android applications through it.
READ MORE: Everything We Know About Among Us' Newest Map
With the improved technology, Among Us will run pretty smoothly via this method and it isn't too hard to do.
Bluestacks is the most popular emulator out there, but you can use pretty much any Android Emulator that has a Mac client.
Once you have it up and running, it's just a case of downloading Among Us via the Google Play store Androids use.
The Keyboard controls are near-identical to the PC version of the game and it should work as well as if you were playing on an Android Device, if not better!
Alternatively, if you want to play more than just a handful of mobile games... Installing Windows on your Mac might be the way to go.
For all the benefits a Mac brings, playing games is often an issue due to compatibility issues with the Mac OS. Thankfully, installing Windows on a Mac isn't too hard.
READ MORE: Is Competitive Among Us Viable?
Below is a step-by-step on how to do it:
- Download Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft's official webpage.
- If you don't have a DVD driver, you'll need to connect a USB stick with at least 5GB of space.
- Disconnect all the other external storage devices you aren't using.
- Launch "Boot Camp Assistant" via spotlight search and tick "Download the latest Windows Support software" and "Install Windows".
- Locate the ISO file and allocate it to the USB when prompted.
- Decide on how much SSD space you would like to reserve, it's recommended to have at least 20GB of space allocated.
- Follow the on-screen prompts until Windows 10 is ready to boot.
From here, you'll need to install Steam through the usual means and then you can download Among Us from the Steam store!
Once Windows is installed on your Mac, everything will be exactly the same as if it was on a PC.
Emulation is quicker, but Installing Windows does offer up more freedom to explore additional programs and games that don't offer Mac support.